Friday, January 2, 2009

World Wildlife Zoo

Brian, Uncle Rory and I took the girls to the Wildlife Zoo today. I would have to say it was a bittersweet experience. Grace LOVED all the the Monkeys and the Giraffes. She got a kick out of the Exotic Birds and the Kangaroos, but to see these animals in small chain link fenced cages, or the ones in open air enclosures that seemed far too small... it was painful to see. But Grace loved it. She roared at the lions and quacked at the ducks. Her facial expressions were priceless. There are photos and some good ones, but on her uncle's and father's shoulders it was difficult to catch her picture at times. Lily however slept through almost the entire zoo. We might have made it to the aquarium as well, but Lily woke up and started fussing, and Grace seemed to be losing steam after 2 plus hours of exploring. It was a great time though and Brian and I loved sharing it with Rory.

As we were leaving the zoo, there was a Merry-go-Round and Brian and I thought it would be fun for Grace. She's never been on one before and the animals were all Wild Zoo animals, so Uncle Rory took Grace for a ride. She loved it!! After it was over, she said "More Please!!!" and who could resist that?? So Daddy took her for another spin. There are photos of the Merry-go-Round rides as well, but I wish I had brought the video camera; a bigger smile you have never seen!

So our next excursion will be to the aquarium and see hoe Grace likes that. Based upon this trip I think she will love it.

We have been having a great visit with Uncle Rory. The girls have been running him ragged but he seems none the worse for wear. Actually it's nice to see an adult (not her parents) so willing to get on the floor or ground and roll around having as much fun as Grace. The new cry around the house is "Uncle Rorys!" and "Where are you Uncle Rorys?!" I am not sure why Grace has begun to add an 's' at the end of names, but she is... ???

No comments:

Blog Visitors