I have been getting so excited for Christmas. The thought if Grace's face as she discovers Santa's gifts under the tree is more than I can stand and I would LOVE nothing more than to give her gifts to her today... But Brian and I have strong opinions about gifts and Christmas. Gifts should be opened on Christmas day. If you open gifts on Christmas Eve then that day feels like a let down. It always cracks me up, because Brian and his brother Mike always have these heated discussions on Christmas Eve. Mike always wants to open gifts and Brian never wanted anyone to... it's like Christmas tradition... I am laughing even now as I think of these two grown men and this annual battle... Anyway, the point, so now that we have a family of our own and we will be establishing our own traditions, there will be no gift giving on Christmas Eve, so that fact that Brian and I have both been so eager to give Grace her gifts is funny... Maybe only to me, but never the less....
So, on to the real point to this post. Brian always went in search of his gifts as a child. He usually found them and can recall the surgical precision it took to open, peek at and re wrap his gifts. I think that discovering your gifts early only leads to Christmas let down... So you would think that I would have done a better job of hiding Grace's gifts... I mean she is only 19 months old, it is not difficult to put gifts in places she cannot get to or never goes to... but no... Genius that I am, I put a big bow on and placed one of her gifts in Brian's office. A room she visits at least once a day... Well Grace discovered this gift there and was so very happy. I only hope that her 19month old mind is filled with so many other things that she is surprised again on Christmas morning... I'll let you know...
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment