Friday, January 1, 2010

The first cut is the deepest....

Two and a half years ago Grace Elizabeth made her big bald debut. She remained pretty hairless until after her first birthday. Not until after her second birthday did she get any length to her wispy, curly, unruly hair. If you had seen Grace in all her bald glory you understood why I could not believe Lily Kathryn was mine when she was born. How did I have a bald, blonde baby for 18 months and all of a sudden have a newborn with a full head of dark hair?? Hair has been an odd thing in our home. Grace had none, but when it decided to grow it was curly underneath and stick straight on top. Grew in all directions was always in her face and always a mess. Lily had a ton of dark hair that faded to just about blonde and is stick straight, flyaway, bunny rabbit soft, and nothing like Grace's. After a few months of fighting with Lily to keep a barrette or elastic in her hair I decided at the beginning of December to take the scissors to her bangs.... oops! Well I never claimed to be a trained or skilled hairstylist... Just days before Christmas I agreed to let my Mother-in-law take the girls for their first haircuts. It was not as emotional as I had anticipated....

















Because Grace was such a big, brave girl - Grammy bought her her very first bike!!

3 comments:

monica said...

They are sooo precious!!!!!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

A simple haircut makes them look older. Amazing. So cute!

Anonymous said...

This post gives me hope. We've been.. hesitant. To the point of training him to tell Grammie that he likes his hair long.

Blog Visitors