Sunday, February 14, 2010

On the road again...

I have so much to blog about... As usual I have let blogging slide and decided to do any number of other things. A week with Monica and "My Ry" in our home. A few play dates - Valentine's day and Valentine's arts and crafts -How I am a mean mommy - Lily and her brand new {very horrible} haircut - YIKES - I am not sure I can bring myself to photograph her, not even for posterity or to learn from my mistakes so as not to butcher her again, or rather... pay someone to butcher her...



But I am cooking a special Valentine supper for my special Valentine, who was on the road all last week and right up until yesterday afternoon and who leaves at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning and I will not lay eyes on again until March 6th.

The girls and I are taking a very last minute, very long vacation to Florida. We, about the middle of last week, decided to go and - Well, we leave on Thursday for 17 days! I am a little disheartened that it's in the 70's here and in the 40's there, but I am so glad to be getting out of dodge for a while. It figures that Hurl who is always out if town and has been on the road more of 2010 than he's been home will be here for most of our trip. It always seems to go that way. He is gone in the weeks leading up to our trip, home all while we're away then back out on the road for the weeks following our trip. Is it me?? It probably is...

The girls and I have not been in almost a year. I went from a trip east about every other month the first year of Grace's life to... I think Lily's been to Florida once?? Did we go twice last year? I cannot remember but we haven't been since last May. We are LONG overdue. In fact I am planning a month long trip again this summer. I have to laugh at how I’d been pining away for Monica these last 5 months and most of them have been spent right here. We traveled the whole month of October, but... Well, now that she's back, we're off! Sorry Mon!

I will actually try hard to blog our vacation. We are spending the entire 17 days up north with my Dad, step-mom, brothers, and grandparents. My in-laws are making the drive from South Florida to visit for a few days. There should be a lot to blog about!

If you don't hear from me again until we get there it's because I am trying to pack up the girls and myself for 17 days. Plus figure out how to get cross country with one carry on since I'll need two hands for the two car seats, two girls and the carry-on!

Happy Valentine's day!!


FLORIDA OR BUST!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Good luck packing! You are brave for traveling solo with two toddlers and all of that toddler paraphernalia. We'll miss you guys!

monica said...

It hasn't hit me how long you and the girls are going to be gone.... I'll forgive you as long as we still have our daily chats! Good luck packing!

Love ya!

Blog Visitors