Monday, February 8, 2010

REUNION

9 days ago Grace and I drove to the airport to pick up Monica and Rylan. It hardly seemed real. Was it a dream? We'd been hoping and praying that their move back to St. Louis was all just a joke since they left in September. It wasn't a dream. They're back! Monica stepped off the plane and said, "I feel like I've been on really long and really bad vacation. It's so good to be home!"

The plan was for Monica and Rylan to fly back here last Friday; Find a place to stay and then for Monica to leave Rylan with Robbie's family the following Friday while she flew back to St Louis, met Robbie in the U-Haul and followed him, back here Smokey and the Bandit style. Within the first hour plans began to change. Instead of staying with the in-laws, they were staying here. SCORE! The Hurley girls could not have been more thrilled!! Then a day or two later, another change in plans; instead of Rylan staying with her Papa and Nana she was going to stay with us... YAY! Grace & Lily will have their first official sleepover! (Katie was dropped off late at night when her sister Abby was born and picked up pretty early so I can’t count that one as a sleepover) In the end Monica and Ry were with us straight through until yesterday. Robbie arrived at our door about 8pm Saturday night and it was official. The Millers have returned to Arizona!

We had the BEST time! But I've been so caught up in our reunion and the hunt for the rental house and catching up and hanging out that I have not stopped to blog. And, while I was sure I'd be a picture snapping fool - Especially since Lily is now big enough to play with the girls... It’s so damn cute! Hardly any photos or video were taken. Monica and I get too caught up playing with the kids that we forget to step back and snap a few photos. Even when we were doing arts and crafts, making valentines and decorating picture frames I was too caught up in the moment and forgot to pick up the camera. We did manage to take a few though….

It's so good to have our family back together again!





3 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Love the photos! Yay, so glad the move is behind them and that Grace has her BFF back.

Anonymous said...

Awww.. look at all of that happy.

monica said...

We have internet!!!!!! I love the pics. The girls sure do love eachother. We had a blast hanging out with you guys for the week-it was fun to get caught up. I'm so glad the Hurleys and Millers are back together! We love you all! See you this evening!

Blog Visitors