Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Eggs

This afternoon we colored Easter Eggs in the backyard with Monica and Rylan. This is about the extent of our Easter celebration this year. Honestly, with all things considered I thought it was a perfect Easter celebration at that! Dear friends and beautiful sunny day, I couldn't ask for more!! On Saturday we will go to our HOA's Easter Eggstravaganza with the Millers. A tradition we started last year and were afraid would end when the Millers moved away, but.... They're back! Then Sunday morning Hurl hits the road for New Mexico and the girls and I will celebrate Easter by watching the Red Sox/Yankees season opener!  The Easter Bunny will of course make an appearance, but that's always it for us anyway. With the exception of Easter Dinner at the O'Connell house (Cancelled this year due to Uncle Buck's knee replacement surgery yesterday) Easter Sunday is your run of the mill sunday in our household save the fact that a fictional bunny leaves a basket of treats for the girls. 

But today we colored easter eggs and had a few really cute egg hunts!  I am not sure what I loved more. Lily who was more interested in putting rocks in her basket or Grace and Rylan hunting for eggs together and giving each other the eggs they found. Completly innocent to the fact that most egg hunts are a competition.  They are truly the best of friends!

Here are a few photos from our afternoon together!  Monica posted about the day on her blog too.


No comments:

Blog Visitors