Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The speed of light

I seems I can barely keep my eyes open lately. Life feels as if it is blurrring by at the speed of light. It's not - it's just life as a stay-at-home mom with two toddlers.

I - well... "we" have been trying to beak Lily of her up in the middle of the night wanting a bottle or something to drink routine. The last 2 weeks have been a little bit rough regarding sleep. Not as nightmarish as they could have been, but tough nonetheless. The full rundown of my "parenting choices" and my thoughts about my decisions around sleep for the last 20 months will be posted on my other blog soon.

I suppose that brings me to my other blog. My readership has been growing - Which is very exciting! {yay!} I started A Mother's Musings... in an attempt to become the next Erma Bombeck. I have since realized; Erma Bombeck I am not - she was brilliant! But I do have something to offer and I try to put my own funny spin on our life! Because my readership has been growing I have been able to "sell out" and make a few bucks off of my blog. So the bigger the blog gets, the more opportunities I have to make money, the better it is for my family - which in the end is why I started the blog in the first place - to find the inspiration to write something worth selling.

So I have been making changes to A Mother's Musings... to make it more marketable, user friendly and visable. I now own my own domain name. http://www.mymommystory.com/ is all mine. I have also had to create a logo for my blog {Thanks Bill for all of your halp and advice!!} and while all of this has been fun and exciting and a crash course in computer stuff {very technical term there - "computer stuff"} it has been time consuming. I hope that what I have done this week will be enough for now, so that I can focus on writing and more important on my girls and Brian!

{Side Note: If you like me - think I am funny - my girls say and do stuff worth reading - or that I say things  that might be worth hearing - tell people about A Mother's Musings, Mishaps & Milestones - I am currently working with some amazing friends and there are fantistic things to come & giveaways for my for my blog followers - Spread the word - Share the love! Become a public follower!}

I am taking care of Mason again this week, so I am far more exhausted at the end of the day for having chased, entertianed and cleaned up after three. Granted I only have him 2 days this week and 3 days next week, but that is enough. He is a very sweet little boy, but his being here continues to reaffirm that we were right all along, I/we cannot handle, 3 children.  *smile*

On top of Stroller Strides, Story Time, Play Group, Swim Lessons, Upcoming Dance/Gymnastics Classes and Family Time - Grace starts preschool in 22 days.  TWENTY-TWO DAYS people! I cannot believe it's here already! It was just yesterday that the school in our backyard opened and Grace would stand on the bar in the backyard and watch the kids line up for school and say "I gotta go to school!" My response would always be "Next year!" now... It's next year! Like I said... Life is blurring by at the speed of light!

1 comment:

Grace said...

You've been busy! New blog looks good!

Blog Visitors