~I have learned that Puppy Pads are Mommy's Best Friend! They are the perfect on-the-go disposable changing pad. -- They save the day when the car seat is wet for whatever reason and the traveling is not done! -- They are a potty training mom's savior under the bed/crib sheet!! In short Puppy Pads ROCK!
~I have learned to always carry a wet wash cloth and ice cubes in a Ziploc in the diaper bag. You never know when you are going to need to clean a face, wipe off a skinned knee, cool an over heated child or soothe a teething baby with a cool wet cloth to suck on.
~I have learned that NO ONE else knows what's best for my children. There are a lot of opinions out there but no one cares about or knows my girls like I do.
~I have learned that as scary as the thought of traveling alone with small children might be, to JUST DO IT! It is always worth every tear, dirty look from fellow passengers, clumsy-loaded down-with-stuff-trek through the terminal or stressful moment in the end!
~I have learned to MAKE A MESS! Get down and dirty-- make messy art-- embrace body painting-- and glue-- get covered in chalk dust-- play in the mud- sand- or grass --It's more fun when it's messy and the aftermath is a great opportunity to teach a lesson in cleaning up after ourselves.
(okay, I have known how to make a mess for years, I didn't need kids for that!)
~I have learned to say "Rub some dirt on it!" Bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, falling down, falling off and all manner if "owies" are a normal part of growing up. Panic and over reaction do nothing productive.
~I have learned that if given the chance to stick up for themselves, little ones will. If you fight their battles, how will ever learn to fight their own?
~I have learned that idle toddler hands are the devil's workshop. With out creative outlet, direction and activity a bored, unattended toddler can and will get into just about anything especially if it's something they shouldn't.
~I have learned that is is really easy to yell but completely ineffective.
~I have learned to love playing imaginary anything... Crocodiles on the kitchen floor, Dinosaurs in the backyard, Tea parties with nothing more than a vivid imagination.
~I have learned that play dates are for the kids and not the Mommies. (and that not all Mommies agree with that statement)
~I have learned how important it is not to just spend time around your child, but really with them. Getting down on the floor and playing whatever 'they' want to play leads to a happy, healthy, imaginative, secure child full of self esteem and self worth.
When kids grow up, they will remember the time you were running around being
busy doing your own things while they watched cartoons, and they also will
remember the time that you set the whole living room up with fake trees and
blankets for a pretend camping trip.
I want mine to remember the carpet camp outs and slaying imaginary dragons...
~I have learned that being a Mom is the most rewarding and fulfilling job in the entire world. I'll take hugs, kisses and 'I love yous' over 9-5 and a paycheck every day of the week!

1 comment:
Well put!
Post a Comment