
Inflation continues to be a problem around the world. Concorde enters service and cuts transatlantic flying time to 3 1/2 hours. One year after Microsoft is formed Apple is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. In South Africa Riots in Soweto mark the beginning of the end of apartheid. In music the first of the Punk Bands appear
Average Cost of new house: $43,400.00
Average Cost of new house: $43,400.00
Average Income per year: $16,000.00
Average Monthly Rent: $220.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas: 59 cents
Plymouth Arrow: $3,175.00
Polaroid Camera: $28.00
In New York City, the "Son of Sam" begins a series of attacks that terrorized the city for the next year.
Eccentric American billionaire Howard Hughes who had been a recluse for 20 years dies at the age of 70
Fidel Castro becomes The President of Cuba
NASA Unveils first space shuttle, the Enterprise
The nation celebrates it's Bicentennial
And I was born!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I celebrated my 33rd birthday today. This week of looking back was kicked off by my realization that my passport has expired. If my passport has expired that means I got it 10 years ago - If I got my passport 10 years ago then that means I became a flight attendant 10 years ago... A decade!? A whole decade has passed since I became a flight attendant!? I am not sure that is possible. It seems like just yesterday I was on my way to Houston...
Then my iPod, on shuffle, started playing 'The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' and 'Sublime' and all of a sudden Megan, Delia, Kathy and I were running around the woods - playing 'beer pong' - driving my Altima all over creation with no destination or purpose. I was 19 years old again and life was carefree! There is no way that was 14 years ago! It was only a moment I swear! Where did 14 years go??
So I wondered... What was going on in 1976? (other than my entering the world!) I remember the 80's (yikes!!) and I was in High School, College and "The Real World" in the 90's. And here we are in the new millennium... So, what was the world like when I was born?
It's been a great 33 years. I have had some awesome adventures. Traveled and moved around. I've had some really fun jobs and lived in some great places (some scary ones too!). I got married and had my two girls... I know not long from now I will look back on this phase fondly and wonder where the time went? What's next?

No comments:
Post a Comment