Wheew! One trip down and one to go. We are all back from Colorado and we are only here for a minute. We repack and head back out on Wednesday. We had an AMAZING time in Ft. Collins with Auntie Whitney (and "Uncle Josh" -hehe!) It sounds like Brian, Uncle Mike and "Uncle Jimmy" had a great time celebrating Mike's 4oth despite the Sox loss to the Angels and the Pat's loss to the Broncos.
Too much happened, too much was funny, most probably only funny to Whit, the girls and me, but.... I'll post a few videos. All short and most go with the snow pictures posted on Saturday.
Highlights.... The CSU (Colorado State Univ) homecoming parade was too much fun! The girls got a kick out of the Greek floats and loved all the dogs and "hippies" on bikes. On a side note, I now understand why my cousins (all of them save 1) have at one point or do currently live in Ft Collins. These are my people... Birkenstock wearing, earthy crunchy, earth conscious, just plain old down to earth people. I could be so happy there. I have some kick ass friends here, but I get it now... Small town, college town - It was sort of the west coast version of Northampton... - - -Grace, except for the snow in October... We might have to revisit our plan ;) - - - But I digress
The parade... The girls loved it, but the hit was the CSU marching band... Now who doesn't love a marching band? But they were pretty awesome and my girls sat slack jawed and loved the band the best! Too damn cute!
The snow... We took Grace to the "Winter Wonderland" here at Vistancia last year, but I was thoroughly disappointed. I grew up in snow, so the small pile they trucked in for the kids, while entertaining was no "Wonderland" so this was both girls very first snow experience. It did not disappoint. There was enough to sled in, make snow angels in, have a snow ball fight in, but too dry to make a snow man with. Not only did they get to play in it, they got to play with it falling. As bummed as Whit and I were to not be able to take them Pumpkin picking, this was way better! Grace thinks she's a snowboarder. Much to Whitney's joy since she is and to Brian's and my chagrin since we're skiers...
The Pats vs. Broncos game... Okay, so the Patriots lost... And I had to eat a few words (Sorry Josh, you were right.) But Whitney and Josh managed to make a football game so exciting for Grace that I was astonished. They did however have her yelling "Go Broncos!" all day which went over like a lead balloon with Brian and me, but... She was so happy and really, that's all that matters. Josh, Whit and I took the girls to a sports grille for the 2nd half of the game and Grace was the HIT OF THE BAR! She'd yell "Go Broncos!" and the entire bar would cheer for her. Strangers were coming up to our table to hi-5 her... It was insane. I tried to get her to turn it around and yell "Go Patriots!" but she'd have none of it...
Whit put her in a Broncos jersey this morning as a little jab at Brian. When we arrived at the airport to meet Daddy Grace promptly greeted him with a Go Broncos!... Thanks Whit!
It was a great trip! Now I have to repack for Mass and we are off on Wednesday morning! Oy Vey!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Okay, you and Brian have 24 hours to re-indoctrinate Grace before you are in Patriots territory! Grace is smart though, I think she knows, when in Rome...
Post a Comment