I decided about a month and a half ago that Lily's getting up 3 times a night had to come to an end! She was nearing a year old and there was no need to get up and have a bottle 3 times a night every night. So, I moved her from 'The Girls Room' back in to the guest room and decided to simply try ignoring her crying. Lily has been putting herself to sleep every night for months... So she can got to bed awake and manage to fall asleep, she clearly knows how to put herself to sleep... Right?
I was not able to do it -- Fearful of Grace waking up and having 2 kids up in the middle of the night - and partly because I am a wimp and after 20 minutes of crying I knew a bottle would just make it stop and I could go back to sleep... I'd give in every night and things were not getting any better.
As a birthday gift to me, Memaw spent 3 nights on the couch. She put Lily in her pack n play in the living room and she slept next to her on the couch. Bound and determined to teach Lily that night time was sleep time she laid the ground work. The first night Lily was up 3 times and Memaw simply told her lay down and go to sleep. The second night she said nothing and the third night Lily only cried out once. Since Grampa and Memaw were here I have not gotten out of bed once to get Lily. Usually after a few minutes of fussing she lays back down and goes to sleep. She has been waking about one time a night for the last few weeks and making noise, but is getting better and better about going right back to sleep. I thought it was a miracle that even though Lily was waking me up one time a night still, I was not getting out of bed. That was truly a HUGE improvement!!
Last night... Well, last night Lily slept 10 straight hours! No waking, no fussing, no waking Mommy! Praise Memaw! You are a miracle worker! THANK YOU!!!! I might actually get a full nights sleep on a regular basis, AND Lily and Grace can go back to being roommates!!
God I love sleep!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

4 comments:
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! GO LILY GO LILY GO LILY!!!!! YAY
Maybe she could come here and help out with Katelyn. She's almost 5 and still getting up during the night. aghrrr
Nice! Can Meemaw come to my house???
Yay!!! You deserve it Girl! Love and miss you all.
Post a Comment