Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Halloween Luminaries

I am behind by about a week on my blog since Grampa and Memaw have been here with us. We did our letter of the week on Monday as usual, but I haven't had a minute (until now) to post the pictures and words. We had so so so much fun with Grampa and Memaw. (and you too Whit!) Lots of painting, drawing, cluing and messy fun with Memaw. Here is my new favorite project. It is a bit old for Grace. She did not last long with the "creating" part of the project but will tell you that she made them, all of them, all by herself!




We had such a great time making these... The battery operated tea lights make them absolutely adorable at night. With the camera flash the photos of them lit up does not show up, but trust me... this is a cute, cute craft!

Usually on October 1st I am prattling on and on about how... it's my birthday... and my friends and family are bracing for a 30 day "It's my birthday" fest. But honestly my birthday snuck up on me this year and for once I am more excited about Halloween than October 3rd. So I am going to turn over a new leaf, and for the weeks that we are home this month (2), I'll concede my birthday and spend October prepping for Halloween.

We have a neighbor who, like me, would prefer to set up a table and hang out in their driveway greeting trick-o-treaters. Last year we sat in our driveway and did just that and it was the best way to celebrate with little little ones. I can't wait to do the same thing this year and to set up the luminaries and greet all the ghosts, ghouls, and goblins... How come kids don't dress as ghosts, ghouls and goblins anymore??

2 comments:

Grace said...

Those are SO cute! You'll have to tell me how to make them for next year...I don't think Vincent is ready for glue or pipe cleaners :-)
Lily looks so cute (and so big) in those overalls.

Anonymous said...

So totally cute... Thanks for sharing.

Blog Visitors