Monday, March 22, 2010

Anthem Days

This weekend there was a carnival in Anthem.  The Miller's invited us to join them on Sunday along with Kelli, Brian and Charlotte for some fun in the sun and of course...Funnel Cake!


It was a glorious afternoon.  The temperatures are finally in the mid to high 70's here and the sun was shining in a brilliant blue sky.  We could not have asked for a more perfect day to sit and eat junk food! No seriously all food jokes aside we had some big adventures.  After the bounce houses and a popsicle Grace decided she would like to try her hand a bungee jumping.  No, not real bungee jumping where you jump of a bridge and pray the bungee is short enough or the bridge is high enough, but on a trampoline, strapped to a harness trying to jump to the moon and back.  I was so impressed that first she expressed an interest but second that she waited in line with Uncle Brian for a good 15 minutes until it was her turn and that when it was finally her turn she did it!  I made the mistake of bringing the video camera into the jumping area with me and not leaving it with Kelli and also not asking Kelli to take any still photos since the camera was in my bag next to her... Live and learn.  For about 3 minutes Grace bounced and was slingshot up and down. So brave, so happy, so proud of my little monkey!

After that adventure and being tormented for a good hour and a half by the smell of carnival food we all went to fight our way under a tent and into a shady table for so good old fashion pigging out.  Hot dogs, Cheese steaks, lemonade, soda, chips, funnel cake.... Oh my tummy hurts again just thinking about it! I must admit it was gross and heaven all at the same time! all I kept thinking was "How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S"  Wow, am I dating myself??  Now my brain is on a tangent... "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter! You got your peanut butter on my chocolate!"  and "Calgon take me away!"  oaky... I'm back, sorry... Nope, wait.... "I am stuck on Band-Aids  'cause Band-Aids  are stuck on me!" Okay, I'm really done now.





Time for one last adventure before heading home for naps... Easter Egg Hunt?  Train ride? More Bounce houses or Bungee jumping?  Nope just a good old fashion Pony ride!  Rylan rode a cute little pony named Sugar and pretended she was Cow Girl Dora.

Grace rode a lazy little pony named Piñata and laughed and waved and sat like a pro the whole time.  She would have stayed and ridden the ponies all day and night and well into next week if I'd let her.  I was so impressed with my little cow girls. 




A minor sunburn and tummy ache were a small price to pay for a great Sunday afternoon. The girls and I are lucky to have such great friends even if they all left and live 20 minutes north and we're still stuck here just livin' the dream. 

P.S.  And this is just for you Hurl...
"Try as we might, we just can't seem to keep this girl off the pole!"

3 comments:

monica said...

We had a great day too. You have much better pics then me. It's great all of us being together....

Kelli said...

Sorry Monica about the pictures, it was difficult in the sun to even see if I was getting good ones!!!! But I knew Shelbi's camera would do the trick.

Kelli said...

OK.... just realized something as I was reviewing your pictures Shelb. I was wondering if I messed them up b/c of the whites. Then I just thought... did you cut yourself OUT? You bad bad mommy!

Blog Visitors