I love Sunday Dinner at The O'Connell's. I get out of the house and some much needed adult conversation with my favorite aunt and uncle - The girl's get to experience what it's like to have family in their lives - Neve rmind the fact that a home cooked meal is always a nice treat and a great way to end one week and gear up for the next!
My aunt always wanted a daughter who loved horses as much as she does. My cousin Whitney however, and despite having her very own pony growing up {every girls' dream, right?} could care less about horses. In fact she downright does not care for them. Even though my Aunt and Uncle bought a home on a large piece of property with a barn and riding arena so that she and Whit could have horses my aunt and cousin never did bond over horses.
When Grace was born, Dottie saw a second chance. I rode most of my childhood and throughout my young adult years. I spent summers on the North Shore mucking stalls to afford my lessons, tack and in short simply to be around horses as much as possible. I suppose deep down somewhere even I wanted Grace to be an equestrian. Over the last few years Grace has sat on Dottie's horses more than few times. I would say the past two and a half years have been a long slow and sometimes rocky introduction to horses but Sunday... Sunday Dottie sat Grace on her new boarder's mount and Grace was comfortable and happy.
There was mention again of a P-O-N-Y.... But at this point in time I have no idea where Dottie would keep him. With her horse and now two other horses boarding at her barn there simply is no room at the inn. Even still it was awesome to see Grace so happy to do something besides feeding the boys carrots and apples.
I wish I had thought to bring the video camera out of the house with me when we went to see the boys, but... I didn't. There was about 10 minutes of Grace sitting on Simon, petting him and telling him what a good boy he was before I set Brian to get the camera and capture this... Oh well... Live and learn!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment