Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Squeeger!

Friday was Brian's 38th Birthday.  On Thursday night the girls and I decorated the loft, staircase and front door in anticipation of Bri's return home from the road Friday morning. Grace had picked out 'flags' {aka streamers} and balloons.  She decided against a store bought birthday sign and instead wanted to draw one - or rather have me draw one.  And as the daughter in charge Grace decided that it would be the loft {the girls' playroom} that was decorated and how it would look.  She stood on the back side of the ladder and held the streamers, balloons and tape and passed them appropriately.

Once we had decorated to Grace's liking we wrapped Daddy's presents.  My in-laws and brother-in-law got Hurl a Wii and the girls... well the girls were pretty creative in their gift giving.  Grace picked out a bubble gun, Lily picked out a bottle of bubbles that came with about 5 bubble blowing utensils and somehow... and I think it was a team effort on the girls part, a pink Dinsney princess ball made it into the mix as well.  It was either a selfish act on the girls part since they were all gifts the girls desperately wanted themselves or a hint to Daddy that they wanted to spend more time with him in the backyard. Whatever the motive the girls and their daddy spent a few hours Friday evening before dinner in the yard blowing bubbles and kicking the pink Disney ball around.  It was very sweet.

Oh, I am quite the artist, eh?

Everything was Grace's idea, I just climbed the ladder and did the grunt work.

She may have a future as a party planner...

Bet you never would have guessed what that round gift in the back was...


Lily is saying "Ball!"
Way to keep a secret kiddo!!!


"Just what I always wanted... A Pink Princess Ball! Thank You"

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Pretty pink ball for the birthday princess ;-) How adorable!!!

monica said...

I love it!

Blog Visitors