Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grace and Simon

Auntie Whitney and Josh are in Phoenix for a few days, so the Hurley Girls have been spoiled this week by dinner at the O'Connell's two nights in a row!  After The McCormick-Stillman Rail Park yesterday the girls and I went straight to Dottie and Chuck's to meet up with Whit and show off some crazy Polar Bear Swimming skills.  Yeah, you head me right....

Although I am sure that Chuck will say inorder to win "First-in" for the year the contestant must fully submerge themselves.  I will contest that I am not sure Uncle Buck would have been brave enough to go in up to his armpits let alone dunk his entire head under - So, and I am biased.... I say Grace Elizabeth wins "Frist-in" this year!  She played around in the water for about 20 minutes before sitting down and getting wet almost all the way up to her neck!  Truth-be-told, if I'd had my suit with me I might have won it, I was more than inclined to dive right into the pool after our full morning at the train park!

Thanks to Spring Break the two girls who board their horses with my aunt and uncle were playing around for several hours with the horses and were returning home from a ride when Dottie got home from work.  Before I knew what wsa happening {and saying that does not mean I have any issue with what happend, in fact quite the opposite} Grace was on Simon with Riley right behind taking her first real ride!

It was so exciting!! I was even a little jealous! One of my favorite horses was a cute Quarter Horse just like Simon... It looked like fun!

*** Note*** Before you judge or jump to conclusions I am well aware that Grace should have been wearing her helmet.

1 comment:

monica said...

Way to go Grace!!!

Blog Visitors