Today was my final OB appointment before the baby arrives on Tuesday. To be honest, I am so over prepared and not prepared at all, all at the same time. As for "needing" things for the baby. We don't... that has been the one nice thing about this entire pregnancy... we don't need anything. We have clothes, toys, bedding etc... one less stress in what could be a stressful position... 2 under 2. ;) But there were, are or I feel like I should have had a million questions for my OB before Tuesday. I didn't. All I could say was "Ok, great! See you Tuesday. Have a great weekend!" Hope I am ready... we shall see soon enough.
Grace is having a BLAST with Nonie. However, she has not been well, I mean truly well since October 1st. Her cold left a TON of mucus in her chest that she has not been able to clear and I have begun to worry... yes, I know that it has been over a month, but, no fever, good demeanor, I had hoped that she would just wake up able to breath easy... She will see the doctor tomorrow morning... Cross your fingers for nothing serious. My poor baby.
Well, Wednesday was Brian's and my 4th wedding anniversary. It seems so odd to say that we've been married for 4 years. We started dating over 12 years ago, have lived together and moved all over this country for the last 9+ years. So to say 4, seems like too few years. But that's not the odd part, Wednesday came and went and I barely remembered that Brian and I were supposed to be celebrating. (He had brought a GREAT gift home for me the week before though...) But on November 5th, Memaw left, Grampa stayed, Nonie arrived, Brian came home... The day blew by. So I will take a minute now to remember...
4 years ago, I woke up at 5am after having "a few" margaritas at the rehearsal dinner and having a sleepover with my mother at the hotel, I lept from my bed, woke my best friend since we were 3 (Muffy) and announced that I was going to have waffles and get married!! My mother was not a big fan of this idea (the waffles part) but thanks to Muffy we all headed down to the restaurant and had waffles, bacon and a great time. Champagne, hair and makeup all in my hotel room before Brian and I loaded into our respective limos to meet for photos. It was a beautiful, sunny, Southern California day and the photos came out so perfect. The blue blue sea, the cloudless California sky... Then off to the docks to board our boat and set sail, off into the sunset to say our "I do's"... 61 guests, open bar, great food, music and the best party I have ever been to. It was a night to remember! Because we were married on a boat we were given a life ring that said "Shelbi & Brian November 5, 2004" I somehow decided as the boat was returning to dock to wear the life ring. It seemed like a good idea at the time... well back at the hotel, before getting into a crowded elevator Brian said I should take the life ring off... stuck! Yup, I was stuck in the life ring. Only Shelbi... Brian helped and tugged and pulled and finally was able to free his bride from her Styrofoam shackle... It was such a great night. Our guests gathered in the hotel bar and continued to party to the wee hours in the morning, but Brian and I headed upstairs for room service and sleep... That was 4 years ago... time flies!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

3 comments:
Happy belated anniversary! So what was the great gift? Something you can share with us readers :-)
Can you believe that this is your LAST Saturday as a mom of 1??? Time really flies!!!
Your life ring story totally cracked me up! I'd love to see you in that life ring now...
My ROCKIN' anniversary gift this year was a La Crueset Dutch Oven! I have wanted one for a long time and I used it tonight to cook for the last time in a while! Dinner was YUMMY!!!!
And to Wendy... after the baby and baby weight, I will don the life ring for you all...after I've had a few ;)
Post a Comment