What a joy and relief it has been to watch Grace playing and evolving in her method of play over the last several weeks. It started when we gated her into the living room and gave her a safe and confined space to play in. She began to grow comfortable and slowly she became more and more independent. She would look up from time to time and ensure that I was there watching her. On occasion she would start playing with something and then insist after a few minutes that I participate. But baby steps, right? Each day she seemed to be able to spend more and more time playing on her own, creating games and new worlds, completely happy to imagine whatever it is that makes her giggle to herself. Secure in knowing that I would never leave her and that I am always only a shout away.
I have been stressing about how Grace would transition with a new baby in the house. For 18 months, she has been my whole world and my primary focus. I let cleaning, cooking and husband all take care of themselves... or not, and have spent my days on the floor with Grace. How will this child ever cope when I have to turn my attention to another? What will she do if I have to say just a minute more than once and it's not a minute? I think that the doll and accessories have been a god send, but more than that I have witnessed a happy independent child blossoming and I can only hope that she keeps it up in the months to come. She has become attached to her books and stuffed animals like I never imagined. I plan to wear the new baby as much as possible so as to still meet the needs of my Grace, but my heart is bursting with pride that she is growing into this strong, intelligent and capable girl.
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment