I am... speechless. I will try, but I am simply without the right words. Since Tuesday, my Grace has been eating, strawberries, cheese, grapes, watermelon, cheerios, pickles, macaroni & cheese, and last night and entire scrambled egg! Eating... Grace eats! I thought this day would NEVER come! I know that there must be so many people out there going..."Is she nuts? Her kid is 18 months old...What's the big deal?" It IS a big deal... It's HUGE!!! I am so happy and proud and now I have one less thing weighing on my mind before baby#2 arrives (in less than 2 days). Grace eats!
Miss Grace has been in heaven since Halloween when Grampa and Memaw arrived. She has had both Grampa and Nonie here the past several days and is being spoiled rotten. That was however my plan, at the very least my hope. Grace has been the sole focus of my attention for so long I still worry about how she will transition into the big sister roll. But Nonie has done an outstanding job of taking over and Grampa is here to keep her laughing and it's all really nice. Since I am so big and so uncomfortable knowing that Grace is not being even slightly neglected because I am unable to get down on the floor and play or because I cannot bend over to give her a bath is so wonderful. Grace and Nonie have really made the space in the loft a perfect place for play. Since the first week (at least) that I am home I will be under strict orders to avoid going up and down the stairs, it will be nice to sit on the couch in the loft and share in Grace's playtime.
I have however a bit of guilt to get off my chest.. Maybe it was because this has been such a busy month+ with family in town, maybe it was that it has been such a busy month+ for me with my own medical stuff, or maybe I am simply too caviler about some things and wanting Grace to grow up tough and not neurotic about little things.... I don't know but whatever the case, I chalked up her runny nose that started on October 1st to teething. After several weeks she did finally cut a tooth (Oh yeah, Grace got her 7th tooth, bottom left of front two, on October 16th)...Anyway, after the tooth cut thought, then she developed a cough and some chest congestion, but has not had a fever and has not really acted ill... so I let it go. We all got the stomach virus and I thought... Well I don't know what I thought... So Nonie gets here... shows a healthy amount of Grandmotherly concern for this little girl with all the chest congestion and then the falling down starts... Grace out of the blue starts tripping all over herself. not seeming too spaciously aware of herself I call the doctor and get her in to be seen on Saturday morning first thing... Yeah, double ear infection... How did I miss this? But she did not pull on her ears, or tug on her ears or fuss like she was in pain... My poor baby. So she is on antibiotics and I feel terrible. I guess somethings you are better off safe than sorry... There is a learning curve to this motherhood thing, isn't there??
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

4 comments:
I'm glad you caught it when you did. I think that happened to me once. My only real signals have been tugging on the ear and waking up crying every hour or so. Soon she'll be back to perfect. I would love to see you. Do you think you'll want visitors at the hospital and how long do you plan to be there for?
She'll be in tip top shape for the new arrival this week...um, that would be the day after tomorrow -- unless you don't read this until tomorrow, in which case it'll be TOMORROW!!!
Congrats on your little piggie -- looks like she's turned a corner :) Enjoy every minute of her messy faces!
Don't be too hard on yourself about the ear infection. We all miss stuff.I swear there are times where I feel on the lower end of the motherhood curve. There are so many things that I will do better with the second one.
Yeah to Grace eating!Such progress and one less worry. I am glad to hear it.
The little man keeps playing with his ear but so far no other signs so I'm doing my best not to worry.
As for eating, I say don't hold back in your jubilation. Celebrate every victory and every time she does something good. Heck, Caleb hasn't had much trouble with eating but even we were cheering and hollering in the restaurant for him as he happily downed a cheeseburger (meat has been a little touch and go).
Random idea/maybe tip: Caleb's favorite food right now is 'dip'. He'll eat just about anything if he's allowed to dip it first. It started with cookies in milk and has exploded from there.
Post a Comment