Last September my cousin ("2nd cousin", my mother's cousin) Susan was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. By the time they made the diagnosis the Cancer had spread to her spine. Even still, Susan seems to have dodged a bullet. Her cancer is being treated with hormone therapy. Susan is still in the ER everyday, gone from Head Nurse to EMT Liaison and hopefully on her way to retirement!! (fingers crossed!!). And to date seems to be doing fine with the therapy. Cancer sucks, but it could be worse? Susan is a tough cookie with established medical relationships and great access to medical professionals. As scary as the news was I have doubt she is going to kick Cancer Ass! I send out positive Cancer Free vibes to her everyday!! So I also wear this ring for you Susan!!
Three weeks ago Aunt Gaye (my stepmother's baby sister) was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. It is such a rapidly growing form of cancer that by the time is was diagnosed and the immediate decision to perform a Mastectomy was made, the cancer had metastasized to her Lymph nodes. Last week she had a single Mastectomy and a lymph-ectomy. The lymphs were positive for cancer, 4 tumors were discovered and immediate Chemo and Radiation was to commence. This is a horribly, horribly aggressive cancer. Gaye has a 5 year old son, 9 year old daughter and a long fight ahead of her.
So... Aunt Gaye, we are booking our flight, the girls and I won't be there until the end of April, but we are coming! Grace wishes that she were big enough to wear one of the promise rings that I got for us, "The Sisterhood of Kicking Cancer's Ass!" She wants to wear mine, but I instead gave her one to put on her baby as a bracelet. I will wear this ring everyday and think of you every minute. As Grandma Dottie says, love you, love you, love you!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Hug Aunt Gaye tight and let all the love pour out of your heart onto her and her family.
I will keep all of you in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help on this end.
Post a Comment