Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Angels

In October Brian and I high-tailed it out of Massachusetts with 6 of the New England Maple Syrup favors from his cousin Jessica's wedding. We were only trying to do Auntie Krissy a favor lighten her load - * Wink-Nod * - It was upon our return home that I realized the beautiful bows tied around all of the favors had been handmade by Jessica and her Mother. It seemed such a shame to throw all their hard work in the trash. The bows were cream colored with gold tones and looked, to me... like angels wings.


I decided that I would make a few angel ornaments using the bows as wings and send them to Jessica. Maybe I'm corny, but I thought that a few handmade ornaments from her wedding favors for her first Christmas as "Mrs..." would be special. Then two weeks ago Jessica and Brian's Uncle Gary lost his battle with Esophageal Cancer. It just seemed that the angels I had decided to make for Jessica had a new meaning. So instead of sending six to Jessica for her tree there is an angel for Uncle Gary's wife, his siblings and of course one for Jessica.

Gary's memorial was this past weekend. I wish I had finished them in time to send back him in lieu of Brian. I know that a few handmade baubles cannot make up for the fact that Brian was unable to make it back east in time, but maybe it would have reaffirmed the fact that he wanted to be there.


"Goodnight Sweet Prince - And Flights of Angels Sing The to Thy Rest."




5 comments:

Grace said...

They are beautiful and that is really thoughtful. You sure are crafty for someone who denies being crafty :)

Rachael Schepemaker said...

so sweet! and I second Grace's comment. :-)

Kelli said...

They are such a beautiful reminder of Uncle Gary. You are such a thoughtful and sweet woman. Love you xoxo

monica said...

I love it! Smart thinking.

Anonymous said...

Love it! You are very crafty. I am so impressed with your imagination. Great Job!!!!

Blog Visitors