Saturday evening Brian and I went Christmas shopping. Then we had a late, leisurely dinner at P.F. Changs - So good!! And then made our way home to our empty house and watched a movie - Okay, well most of a movie. It was so flipping scary that we couldn't finish it - Sad, I know. We stayed up past midnight and slept past 8am. When we finally did roll out of bed, we wrapped presents and put up the Christmas Tree. Then the girls were returned to our front door at Lunch time and right before nap time!
My favorite Aunt and Uncle - and I am not just saying that because they are here - My favorite Aunt and Uncle took the girls for an overnight on Saturday. It was possibly the best-gift-ever. When our families come into town, we are always encouraged to go out and spend some alone time - and we are always grateful. Or when we go visit family, they encourage us to go out, see our friends, take a break from the kids - and again we are grateful. But somewhere in the back of our minds the whole time is that we shouldn't stay out too late and take advantage of the help - or thinking about being able to be a parent again at 5 or 6 in the morning. But not Saturday night - We were able to go home and have another cocktail or two and not worry about waking up in the middle of the night to rock Lily or getting up before the sun to play with Grace. It was so relaxing!
The girls, well the girls did not even miss us! They made cookies and fed the horses. Played with the dogs and all around enjoyed themselves. I am told they did not ask for us once - and as much as it breaks my heart - I believe it!! Grace slept on an air mattress next to Aunt Dottie's (or as Grace calls her Auntie Dot) bed with two dogs as her bumpers. I am told that Tally - the hyper dog did not leave Grace’s side all night and must have woken her with kisses since Grace's first words upon waking were "Stop licking me!!"
They spent Sunday morning at the playground and had a pancake breakfast - After hearing about their good times I started to wonder if Brian and I got the short end of the stick - But I know we really didn't. It's nice to know that the girls are comfortable enough to spend the night with their Great Aunt and Uncle. They've slept in enough strange places in their short lives that I did not think it would be a problem, but you never know. I just cannot say it enough - Best Gift Ever!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

2 comments:
Good for you guys. That sounds soooo awesome. We haven't had that luxury in awhile!
Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!
Post a Comment