This morning Grace came downstairs business as usual. Ate breakfast, watched a show, played with her sister and never thought to look for GELK. But as Lily was headed up to her nap Grace proclamed...
"GELK is gone!"
So I asked her... "Where do you think he is?"
To which she replied in a dejected tone...
"Oh man... He's telling Santa something..."
I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He's telling Santa something? What could he be telling Santa? Is there something that I missed? Is she feeling guilty? It was simply priceless!
Grace is a good kid. She is willful at times. She likes to be the boss, but hey, who doesn't? She is genuinely kind and cares how others feel. She wants to please, but will not sacrifice herself or compromise what she feels is right and fair. There is a lot I find admirable about that... But if one time a year I can blackmail better behavior out of her by telling her GELK is watching... I'll take it. I just hope GELK is telling Santa what a good girl I've been all year!

1 comment:
You are creative! I love the idea. That is so cute.
Post a Comment