I finally have something to write about on my other blog. I have not posted anything in a week! 'Bad Shelbi!' - Aside from having no time to sit down and write, I have had writers block and a lack of topic help from the kiddos. Today, my hero - and best girlfriend is taking the girls for the afternoon. Brian is out of town, he has a nightmare travel schedule this month and with the exception of 36 hours home last weekend (Thank you honey! It was the best surprise ever!) has been gone all month. Of course I must be in the Karmic dog house because I got a bladder infection the day Brian left - but that's off topic here.
Monica and I had already decided that we need to give each other 'Mommy Days' - We would alternate weeks and take each others kids for the afternoon so we could, sleep, clean, get our nails or hair done, whatever our little hearts desired to do, without kids in tow. Today is my turn! 'Yipee!!' I should rest - I probably won't. I haven't had a pedicure in months. I would like to shop but I'll probably just go get lunch and a pedicure and spend a few blissful hours alone. I will with out a doubt make sure I have time to go swim a few laps. I LOVE swimming with my girls, they are fun and Grace is so joyful in the water these days, but the idea of having time to swim on my own... it's just too delicious!!
The topic for my other blog post is '8 hours' - Lily's either resistance or inability to sleep and my theory that it's her crib mattress. Brian thinks I'm insane and that a 7 month old has not had time to build up a snobbish attitude towards mattresses, but maybe she's the 'Princess and the pea'... I will be testing my theory over the next few nights. I already know that a sleeping Lily placed in her crib wakes up screaming within minutes. A sleeping Lily placed in Mommy and Daddy's bed - even with out us in it - stays fast asleep. Last night she slept 8 hours (highly unusual) in the Pack 'n Play that was piled high with 2 quilted fitted sheets, a folded comforter and her fleece blanket on top tucking it all in. I think tonight I will switch out her bottom of the line, hand me down mattress with Grace's top of the line (sorry GeGe!!) and see what happens. It might be a stretch but it's the only topic I have at the moment and my story needs a new chapter.
I'll let you know how my Mommy Day goes, I am so excited! I am equally excited to have Rylan over here next week for the day. Grace is going to be so thrilled! The other night when my bladder infection got so bad I though I needed to go to the hospital I prepared to drop Grace at Monica's for the night. When I did not end up going Grace was devastated that she had to go to sleep in her room and not at Rylan's. They are inseparable - everyday the scream and squeal as if they have not seen each other in years. It makes me so happy to see that my Grace has found her Muffy!!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Hey Shelbs,
Are your two blogs full of different content? Should I link to both of them? Is one about the girls and one about you? Just wondering :-)
Post a Comment