The girls and I loaded into the car today and took the, I don't know, ten minute, drive to Monica, Rylan and Robbie's new home today. As we pulled up in front and parked the car it hit me... "It's real!" This beautiful home bustling with painters belongs to our friends and they are going to be moving in and that's when reality set in. Grace and Rylan have no idea that this is for Monica and me a big deal. Truthfully it should be a bigger deal to them. No more walks to each other's houses, no more chalking it up when one or the other of us goes for mail. All they knew was there was a gigantic yard to chase each other around in, a patio that was a blank slate calling for some of the girls famous chalk art.
So the reality that it is happening set in, but then a great thing happened. As Monica and I talked about all the possibilites for the yard and walked the house filled with painters I saw all the memories that our girls are going to create together. All the sleep-overs they are going to have. The million laps they will swim in the future pool, the skinned knees they will get jumping from the imagined swingset. Lily tagging along on every adventure and it all just became okay. I always knew the rental was temporary. I never pictured our kids there... It's really okay, real, but okay.
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment