Sunday, April 19, 2009

Attack of the almost 2 year olds!

Brian and I took the girls and met Robbie, Monica and Rylan out for dinner last night. We went to a local pizza place, casual, early and with the knowledge that our kids would be standing up in the booths, most likely engage in a pizza fight and be unable to control their squeals of joy at seeing each other. They act as if they haven't seen each other in years every time they get together (even if it's only been hours) Brian and I are working on our expectations and hang ups about how a two year old should and should not behave in public. Both raised by strict mother's with high expectations of our behavior in public, we are not sure how to navigate these waters. We want our children to behave as we did when out in public, but are not sure how to achieve this... So for now, Grace is loud, and active and... We don't often venture out with the girls, but last night was a BLAST!

So, Grace and Rylan decided that Robbie and Monica's side of the booth was the "fun" side and spent most of the meal jumping up and down on the booth and playing peek-a-boo with the various couples and groups brave enough to choose the booth behind us. There was some back and forth between the two sides of the booth, lots of sharing of pizza, a few giggle filled shoving matches between the girls (knocking each other over was very very funny to the two of them) Then they got brave. The poor teenager sitting with his back to the girls and his father were the objects of some head patting... much to the horror of Brian and myself... But they were very good sports.

After dinner the whole gang of us headed to the neighborhood playground to play under the lights. It was an absolutely beautiful evening (I even saw a shooting star). The girls ran around, got the rest of the ya-ya's out! Much to my joy, Rylan has been able to get Grace back on the slide. So while I miss my west coast Muffy (miss you like crazy Julie!!! You too Muffy!!) I now have my "Arizona Julie". I'm lucky to have women in my life who are as crazy and loving and accepting as I do.

No comments:

Blog Visitors