Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sad day...

Kelli and Brian left me today... (yeah, it's all about me!) The moving truck was here at 8am on the dot. They loaded up and were off in like an hour... I am not sure what to do with myself. I have tried to put on a brave face. Tried to rationalize that they are only down the street in a new neighborhood, but still in Vistancia. I have tried every way possible to be happy for them and relieved that they will be settled in by the time Charlotte (Charlee) arrives in the next few weeks, but nope... I am just sad! Kelli is my Jersey Girl! My friend who gets my sarcasm. Who throws sarcasm back in my face and tells me the absolute brutal truth. We share too much, talk to loud and laugh a lot! We drive the Brians crazy but love that they get how much we love each other!! Kelli is the one thing that makes me homesick for the Northeast, but fills that void at the same time! We hang out in each others homes in our PJ's we yak over the fence and between bed room windows and back yards. Kelli knows when I am up with Lily in the middle of the night because my bedroom window and her bedroom window are only feet apart. If they opened we probably would have had some child like pulley system or walkie talkie or some other silly way to communicate with each other.

Kelli and Brian are gone and I feel like a child who's best friend just drove away, waving from the back seat of the car, never to return... I feel left behind and sad! Yup totally melodramatic, because they are like 2 miles away, but it's not next door and it's not in Desert Trails, so for now... I am going to wallow...

Bye Kelli! I miss you!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm SO out of the loop! I didn't realize they were moving :( I was excited about another DT baby girl!!!

Ya see what you get for trying to fit exercise into your life???? And I thought this stuff was supposed to be good for you.

KELLI WHERE ARE YOU????

Well, at least we can still bring meals and get a sneak peak at Charlotte!!!

Anonymous said...

I heard the 15th was the day, but I though today was the 14th all day long. I hate to see them go too. Let's start a protest and see if we can get them back in Desert Trails!

Blog Visitors