Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Happy Easter Now!"

I don't know where the 'now' came from or why Grace adds it to her "Happy Easter" salutation, but she does... Today was a good day. Lily and I woke Grace at 6:30am. This is not 'normal' I would almost always and on any other day never ever wake Grace. A few minutes in the morning with only one child is a precious commodity, but today was Easter in Scottsdale, so I would need Grace to take an early nap. In order for that to be a success waking her seemed the right thing to do, besides, the Easter Bunny had been here!!

Grace happily woke to Lily in her crib next to her and chirped a happy "Good Morning Sister!" Down stairs to the living room where Mr. Bunny left a pile of goodies. a basket for each girl, Grace's with gifts and treats, Lily's with empty eggs just looking pretty (she'll never know... unless she reads this one day, but...) Lily did have a few gifts from the Grandmothers and Grace happily unwrapped both her gift and Lily's as well. Again, priceless moment missed. Grace tore off the wrapping paper painfully small piece after painfully small piece and when she finally got to the box she exclaimed...."Aaaaaa, look it!" and put the box down unopened and moved onto the next gift as if the box was it. And the best part, she was more enthused by the unwrapping of the gift than by the gift itself.

So, nap and off to Scottsdale for a yummy Easter ham dinner with "Uncle" Dottie and Uncle Buck. Some how Easter just is not Easter without ham and jelly beans (not together, but you know.. ham and jelly beans!) However, my love of Easter's ham dinner is not the most interesting thing about the day, in fact it is so very uninteresting, but I somehow felt I needed to state for the record that Easter is not Easter without ham! Anyway, on to the day's happenings...Dottie as always spoiled my girls. Easter baskets, candy, stuffed ducks, toys, eggs, bunny ears, She is awesome! She even hid eggs around her house and took Grace on her own private Easter Egg hunt!

Grace played very well with Molly (pictured in the bunny ears that Grace put on her) and scolded Danny for barking, Tally for licking and Dublin for scaring her in general! I thrilled that she is gaining confidence and comfort with the dogs, especially since they are such big dogs! Though Grace was very excited the whole drive about seeing the horses and while she was insistent we keep going out to see them, she wouldn't feed them, pet them or allow me to take her into the paddock with them. She does however love to 'cluck' at them and squeals with delight when the walk over to the gate. I still have hope that she will be an equestrian but if she and Lily don't take up riding I am still going to start again! (Well, I suppose add that to the list of when I find a minute for myself I might...)
Maybe next year, when Lily is a year and a half, we'll restart my old family tradition and go fly kites on Easter or something fun like that...

Anyway... here are my Easter Bunnies!

How Grace looked before she decided that
t-shirt, diaper cover and mary janes was a better look!

"Look mommy! I'm the Easter Bunny!"

Favorite thing about Aunt Dottie...
She doesn't hesitate to don bunny ears and be silly with my girls!


Lily actually liked the ears more than Grace did...
~
Hence no photo of my girls together in their ears!!!


Not her happiest look, but she still is adorable!

MOLLY!!!

1 comment:

Grace said...

I like Grace's version "Happy Easter Now" - it's said like a command. Maybe she'll add it to every occassion (happy mother's day now, merry christmas now...). Lily makes the cutest chubby bunny with those cheeks!

Blog Visitors