Grace, Lily, Brian and I made plans to go to the Vistancia Easter Eggstravaganza today with Monica, Rob & Rylan. It was supposed to be outside on the lawn next to the pool and Mountain Vista Club, but due to the rain it was in the gymnasium. (bummer) We got there early and Grace was able to get a temporary tattoo and play in one of the bounce houses sans insane crowds and kids. She got very excited about seeing the Easter Bunny but was hesitant to get too close. I missed the chance for tattoo pictures and bounce house pictures...(even with two parents to juggle two kids, it still does not always leave a free hand for the camera.) But I was able to snap a few shots of Grace, Rylan and Monica during the Easter egg hunt. I was not able however to get in front of Grace to take the photos (pushy parents etc...) I did however wish desperately that I had brought the video camera as Grace soon figured out it was easier to take eggs out of other kids baskets instead of fight over the ones on the ground! HYSTERICAL!! Bonnie, Eric, Katie and Eric were there and We snapped a picture of Wendy with little Maya, but were not able to maneuver the crowds to say hello. Grace's old gymboree teacher Miss Chris was there with her daughter Sam. All in all crowds and pushy parents Grace had a blast. She is still talking about seeing the Easter Bunny and how much fun the bounce house was with Katie and Rylan.
Happy Easter!!
Katie (in pink) Grace & Rylan (in white) with Monica
Grace figuring out it's easier to hunt for egg in other kids baskets...
Wendy & Maya Papaya!! (front and center)
My girls, terrified of the Easter Bunny...
Grace: "The Easter Bunny scared you!"
Me: You mean the Easter Bunny scared Grace?
Grace: "Yes!"









2 comments:
We didn't even see you guys! We didn't stay long either...HAPPY EASTER!!!
The local Easter Egg thing (Rockville, not DC.. good luck getting tickets to teh White House one) got rained out as well. You're lucky that they had an indoor replacement scheduled.
Caleb is having difficulties with thinking that 'You' is in some way his name as well. If you figure out a good plan for explaining the difference let me know.
Post a Comment