or sleeping... The girls are both down for a nap, at the same time, I know... amazing right?? I should be packing, we leave Thursday but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm excited to go, but the thought of packing... it requires thought and organization and it hurts my brain right now... I just spent 20 minutes sitting in the kiddie pool in the back yard. It wasn't quite the same as the pool this morning. After our walk with Rylan I shot up to the new pool behind our house for a quick pre-lunch dip. IT WAS HEAVEN! The water was the perfect temperature (won't last, it's almost 100 today) and the shallow part was completely shaded and there was a breeze that kept Lily laughing while Grace and I swam. We will be on our way back to the pool to swim with Kelli after everyone's nap.
The only down side to the pool adventure this morning was a bird... A small bird was bobbing half drowned in the skimmer by the steps. Feeling very sorry for the poor creature, who'd been there lord knows how long and was probably hypodermic; And not wanting to be swimming in a pool with a dead bird, I scooped the thing out and laid it down in the sun. Broken foot, leg or wing, I don't know but the bird is not long for this world. Flopping around helplessly and suffering on it's back most of the rest of our time there was pretty sad to see. Grace wanted to touch it. I must have heard "Wanna' touch it!" a million times. I tried to explain that the poor birdie was hurt and we needed to leave it alone. Grace got very upset that the bird was hurt and wanted to kiss it better... yuck! So the more I explained it was hurt and we needed to leave it alone the more Grace got sad and upset. She was still talking about the hurt birdie as I put her down for her nap. As rough as she can be with Lily she really is a sweet, empathetic little soul.
The birdie is not the only thing Grace has been obsessing over today. We spent the entire weekend with the Millers. From Play Group on Friday, dinner out with them on Saturday, Dinner here with them on Sunday; Grace thinks that Rylan should live here and we should spend every waking moment with Rylan and 'Mon-ca'. As we parted this morning post walk, both Monica and I were telling the girls that we were going swimming, Rylan to her lesson and Grace, Lily and I to the pool. Grace did not understand why in the world Rylan would ever go swimming with out her? Where was Rylan? Why wasn't she at the pool? When were Rylan and Mon-ca going to be there? It was the same last night when they left to go home? Why was Rylan leaving? How come Rylan no go sleepy time here? The girls were cute last night though, playing dolls, blowing bubbles, creating chalk masterpieces on the block fence, holding each others hand as they took turns going down the slide. I'd say it's so good that Grace is going to grow up with Rylan as a sister, but Grace has a sister. And I wonder with Lily so close in age to the girls what the dynamic will be as they get older...
Lily's up, time to resume so semblance of productivity...
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment