Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Play Group

Today our little group (not so little anymore, I'll expand in a minute) did something very different. We went to McDonald's and let the kids jump and bounce and run and play in this fabulous play area. I will be the first to admit that I am rarely a fan of these types of play areas. Kids run a muck, parents don't supervise, it has not ever been a pleasant experience for me, but Bonnie... well Bonnie came through in a BIG WAY! Bonnie and Katie discovered this fantastic McDonald's play land at the 303 and Bell Rd. We all are considering making this a more regular location for our get together. Everyone made it today except Janine and Charlotte. But since Charlotte is only 8 months old, it was not the ideal play group setting today. But Grace Elizabeth was happy to learn that Vincent's cold and Landon's & Taylor's ears and throats we all better and the could be there today!!

I was thinking on the drive over that it's amazing how long we've had our little play group and how quickly the time has gone and how we've multiplied. It feels like just yesterday it started out, Bonnie, Rachael and me. We each had 1 child and thought a more intimate group of 3 would be the best, least chaotic setting for our kids to grow and socialize. Grace L. joined us pre-Vincent and Rachael was about to have Landon; our group was growing. Before we knew it Bonnie and I were both expecting and our group had gone from 3 kids to 5 and was on it's way to 7! Soon after Monica and Rylan moved to the neighborhood and kept Taylor, Landon & Vincent company while Bonnie and I tried to figure out life with 2 kids. Now Rachael is about to have another beautiful boy in August and Janine moved here with her darling little Charlotte. We will be 10 children! I think that's more kids than the Vistancia Mom's Club! And we went from 3 - 10 in the span of about a year and a half and only added 2 moms!!! Well 3, but Grace L. has really been with us from the get go. She started hanging out with us months before Vincent arrived... Time flies and families do grow in leaps and bounds!!

This is a snap shot of today's fun!!


Yes, Rylan and Grace (who are attached at the hip these days) are wearing the same dress. Thanks to Aunt Emily (Rylan's favorite Aunt!) the girls can go out on the town as twins... They are hysterical!

3 comments:

Grace said...

We had fun today! Great photos - can I bring over a disk and copy them? I have no doubt that Grace's and Lily's childhoods will be well documented in photos!

Wendy said...

I remember coffee Fridays at Starbucks and playdates too.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying motherhood.

Shelbi said...

I was just thinking about coffee Fridays at startbucks this week! I miss mommy time, but my girls don't allow it!! =(

Blog Visitors