6:45am
Grace is up. She runs out to the driveway to get the newspaper, her new favorite thing to do. Yes, I understand this is reminiscent of a dog fetching the paper for it's master, but she LOVES it!
7:15am
Breakfast - A smoothie so as to maximize her fluid intake.
8:00am
Changed the last diaper of Grace's life (fingers crossed) Grace throws it away to cheers! She is so excited to be in underpants - It's adorable!
We talk about what happens when she needs to use the potty. Grace recites excitedly
"Mommy - I need to sit-on-the-potty!"
8:15am
"Mommy I have'a go potty!" ~ Fake out - But at least she told me she needed or wanted to sit on the potty...
8:22am
"Mommy I have'a go potty!" ~ Fake out - This might be just a game. She laughs when we run to the bathroom... Hey, whatever works, it's getting her to the toilet with dry underpants, I'll say that's a success...
8:37am
Another fake~ but I am not frustrated, and repetition is a good thing...
8:45am
"Oh No! I pee'd..."
She had an accident ~ but we run to the potty anyway. Saying "Oh man... *sigh*..." and acting bummed that we missed it. Not angry, or frustrated, just... "Oh man..."
Grace tells daddy "I-had-a assident"
9:00am
Another fake out ~ but hey... at least she's telling me.
9:15am
Accident ~ She probably had to go before just is not used to this whole potty thing... We run to the potty anyway. Every time we have an accident or say we have to go we sit on the potty..."Oh man..." Grace likes saying this now, and looks so bummed, it's sweet. The more accidents the better... so I think it's going well.
9:32am
Another accident~ I'm impressed. She's telling me "Oh No!" as she's going and I am pumping her full of fluids, so... Things are going as expected... don't forget - "Oh man..."
I have been telling her every few minutes. -
"Don't forget to tell Mommy when you need to go potty."
It's not a 'yes' or 'no' question, since 2 year olds will almost always say 'no' - just a gentle reminder. I feel like a broken record, but it's what the book says...
9:54am
Accident ~ I keep getting pee'd on since she tells me she has to go or says "Oh no" as she's going... But at least she's not sitting in wet underpants and is acknowledging she needs the potty
Time for more fluids. So far 1 smoothie, 1 sippy cup of water and 1 juice box. More than normal, but only 4 accidents in 2 hours. I don't think that's enough, time to step it up. I am not discouraged though, I think it's going very well!
10:04am
Accident ~ *sigh* How to be sure what I am saying sounds positive to a 2 year old but still get the point across ~ It's a bummer to pee in your pants ~ I think we'll stick to "Oh man..."
I did not expect miracles in 2 hours - She's doing GREAT!
10:15am
Another accident ~ I am starting to think a movie was not a good idea. The book suggest that as one of the things to do with your child, but since The Little Mermaid started, Grace hasn't faked me out once and has had only accidents. I think we were doing better when we were playing and coloring. I think we'll avoid the TV for the next few days... Too distracting. I'm not a fan of kids and TV anyway. Even if Dora has actually taught Grace Spanish and the Backyardigans supplied one of the best laughs to date this weekend. (Remind me to tell you about the Very Heavy Tiki Mask.)
10:30am
Accident ~
10:40am
Accident ~
10:47am
SUCCESS!!! WE MADE IT! WAY TO GO GRACE!!!!
10:58am
Fake out ~ I think the surprise for making it to the potty can be a double edge sword.
11:00am
Fake out~
11:15am
PAINFUL, hard, traumatic BM. Maybe she wasn't faking~ Poor kid ~ BUT...
~ SHE MADE IT TO THE POTTY! ~
Great job G! Mommy is so proud!!!11:38am
Fake out~ You get what I mean, right? She tells me she has to go then as soon as she sits down says "No, I no have to go..." ~ Fake out...
12:00pm
SUCCESS!!!
NAP TIME... Can she stay dry???

1 comment:
Slave to the potty! Keep up the good work :)
Post a Comment