Friday, July 24, 2009

What a week...

My computer crashed, forever and ever - dead to the world - no longer - R.I.P. - That sucked!

Then, Grace got a cold...then Lily got a cold.... then Shelbi got a cold.... now Brian has a cold and Grace, Lily and Shelbi are all still sick with the cold since last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We are all drowning in snot and it is not fun...

I have not seen Monica, left the house, save for a few doctors appointments, or done anything fun in a week. We have been moderately creative here, but I miss swimming and play dates and fresh air - Okay, well there really is no fresh air in Arizona in July, but still... - and story time, pretty much our life, I miss our life. Grace has completed her summer reading but I cannot turn her paperwork into the Library as long as we are sick and the deadline is Sunday. We've had the same 8 library books for over a week now and we are longing for something new...

In short and I will keep this post short, 'this week blows'. The one bright and shining spot in an otherwise dreary, depressing, snotty week is that the Millers finally found a house!! Well I should say found another house and fingers crossed, if all goes as planned will close on this one in a little over a week and be in their new home in October. If the stress of house hunting was getting to me, I can only imagine how horrible it must have been for them. I am so sad that they will no longer be around the corner, but they will still be in our little desert community, so I am thrilled about that. Oh yeah, and Grace has started to make a fist, stomp her foot and clench her jaw while saying "Damn it!" . To be honest - it's hysterical... It's been a real challenge to keep from laughing as Brian and I try to explain that she cannot say "Damn it!" I did catch her saying "Jesus!" instead the other day, so I'll have to be really careful about saying that. But the foot stomp and fist pump as she says "Damn it" are funny, no matter what you think, it's funny to see a two year old that intense.

That's all I know. I am laying low and praying for good health come Monday. I am not sure if Grace could survive another missed swim lesson., She's been asking about swimming daily and really devastated that we have been unable to go. I don't know what she's going to do this winter when it's too cold outside for the pool. I guess that's the perfect time to start gymnastics.

Oh yeah, how could I forget? Grace has been able to spell Grace, or tell you it's spelled "G-R-A-C-E" for some time now, and after we mastered that we learned to answer: What's your name? Grace Elizabeth - What's your sister's name? Lily Kathryn - Mommy's name: Shelbi - Daddy's name: Brian - Where do you live?: Peoria, Arizona or as Grace says "Air-ah- ZONA!!" (to cute!) So I started writing Lily and saying "L-I-L-Y" and now she recognizes the word LILY and then Mom and saying "M-O-M" and Dad "D-A-D" and she recognizes the words by sight but can only tell me Lily is "L-I-L-Y". I've seen YourBabyCanRead on TV and have been oh so tempted to buy it... for the moment I will bask in her accomplishment and keep working on Mom & Dad.

As for Lily she has learned to clap when we say "clap-clap-clap" and we are working on waving 'hi' and 'good-bye'. She says "Mom" and "Dah-Dah" we are sure she has no idea what she is saying be she loves to babble and chatter. I am afraid that she will not be walking on her own by 9 months as I predicted, but she is pushing her car and the leapfrog table and anything else that will move. They grow up so fast... "Damn it!"

No comments:

Blog Visitors