Thursday, July 2, 2009

3 Day Potty Training (Day 2 ~ Part 2)

I have to say honestly, I don't think I have it in me to transcribe my notes from this afternoon. Who would have thought I could be this exhausted from sitting in my house all day! Granted there has been a lot of sprinting and a lot of lifting, but still....

So for those of you who care, here's the Cliffs Notes version of this afternoon.

2:20pm
"Mommy - I have'a go pee!"
Apparently when a 2 year old says that they mean right that second. I did not sprint up the stairs fast enough... Wet sheets

2:50pm
SUCCESS

3:21pm
Diarrhea, uugh... Guess I over did the juice today. I did not want a repeat of yesterday, went too far in the other direction... Can't win for losing. Poor kid!

4:20pm
Accident ~ I was just saying to Brian that it'd been an hour... Oops.

4:35pm
SUCCESS!

4:47pm
Accident

4:57pm
Success, sort of ~ She said she had to go and waited until we got to the bathroom but started to go as I was lifting her and pulling off her underpants. I might have to rethink my placing on the potty while removing underpants method.

5:09pm
SUCCESS!

5:50pm - 6:45pm
Accident ~ Accident ~ Accident

7:30pm
SUCCESS!

7:40pm
So close again, just couldn't hold it long enough to get on the toilet...

8:00pm
SUCCESS!

8:05pm
Accident ~ What?!? Didn't she just go???

8:30pm
SUCCESS ~ Bedtime

I just don't have any witty recap in me. It was a better day than yesterday but a long day none the less. I am anxious to see what tomorrow brings! She is doing such a great job! One more day if this book isn't a crock! We'll see!

G'nite!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!!!! Hang in there :) Despite my selective memory loss, I do remember having bare bottomed potty training children -- partly because I always ran out of clean panties...and partly because we were running to the potty so often and they seemed to get in the way.

Man, I'm glad that's over.

Grace said...

Well, now I have a good sense of what lies ahead for us when we have to potty train - thanks for the education. Man, this three day thing is intense, so much pee :)

Blog Visitors