We spent a very lazy 4th of July day. It was, after Grace's and my intense potty training, a slice of heaven! We hid from the heat, avoided the insane 4th of July crowds and played, painted and enjoyed each other as a family. But of course, come sundown we were missing our buddies, the Millers. After all, we have not seen our friends in 4 days! Grace and I were going through some serious withdrawal. Brian and Robbie do love to bust Monica's and my chops about our 'addiction' to each other. But she and I, like Grace and Rylan are two peas in a pod. We're better when we're together. Okay maybe that should have been Peanut Butter and Jelly or Cookies and Milk, but you know what I mean.
So as the sun was setting we headed to the Millers to chalk it up on the driveway until the fireworks started. Again, not into crowds and unsure how the girls would react to the noise of fireworks we had made a plan to drive up Lone Mountain and look out over the valley and watch the fireworks. We were sure, okay Robbie and Brian were sure, that we could see the Peoria Sports Complex display from there. I, on the other hand pointed way off in the direction of California and said "Isn't that the sports complex way beyond/behind that mountain?" My sense of direction or lack there of became the running joke of the evening.
I am sure if you asked Rylan and Grace how he fireworks were you'd get some story of hanging out on blankets snacking on crackers and fruit snacks in the bed of Robbie's truck, but nothing of the actual fireworks! We did teach them to say "ooooooh and ahhhhhh" but... they had no idea why they would be saying "ooooooh and ahhhhhh" . Even still we had a great time. We were all together laughing and it was exactly the 4th of July I wanted!
I was able to snap a few pictures of Grace and Lily before we went to see the Millers. Don't worry Lily was changed into something a little more comfortable before the fireworks. I think Monica caught 1 picture of the Grace and Rylan, I'll have to get that one from her.
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment