Thursday, July 2, 2009

3 Day Potty Training (Day 2 ~ Part 1)

Lily was up all night... Okay, well, 4 times, but that still equals a pretty sleepless night... When Lily woke for good a 7:15am I prayed for a quiet cup of coffee before Grace woke up. Oooohh, So close...

7:20am
"MOMMY! Oh No! Oh No! Where are you???"
Wet sheets, just as I expected. I had hoped for dry but c'mon it was only the first night. I had laid a puppy pad down on her mattress, covered it with a long receiving blanket that I tucked in on either side, but when you child moves around as much as Grace - Dry pad, wet sheets.

7:35am
False alarm ~ That's what I am going to start calling it from now on. I think she might be feeling the urge but isn't ready to go? I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. She did however immediately ask for a present. This is one idea from the book I am not a fan of anymore. I think a sticker chart or some other means of reward... I don't know.

7:45am
Tantrum ~ wants a present. I have not given her anything to drink yet, Prepping her breakfast.

8:00am
Breakfast

8:40am
Accident ~ She was watching Dora. I am also not a fan of the TV while potty training. She gets so engrossed that she forgets to tell me she has to go, or doesn't pay attention to her body, either way, the TV is not working.

9:04am
1/2 and 1/2 ~ Told me she had to go. Made it to the bathroom but couldn't hold it long enough to get her underpants off.

9:16am
SUCCESS! ~ I am wondering now if all the successes happen right after or as I am reminding her to tell me when she needs to go. I will have to keep better track of that.

9:35am
Accident ~ WE WERE STANDING IN THE BATHROOM!?!?! How do you have an accident while standing two steps from the toilet? We were putting up a new chart for stickers when it happened. Accidents happen and I've said it before , accidents are learning opportunities. It's okay...

9:50am
SUCCESS! ~ Unprompted at that! Stopped playing, said she needed to go and made it all the way to the potty. GREAT JOB G!

10:07am
SUCCESS! ~ Again unprompted. She might be getting the hang of this potty thing! Very impressed and happy!

10:20am
SUCCESS! ~ Another unprompted trip to the potty! I feel lighter and happier and less exhausted.

10:47am
"Oh man..."
She told me she had to go, but couldn't hold it. Did not even make it to the bathroom. Still feeling proud and impressed.

11:15am
Accident ~ Told me she had to go as she was going.

11:40am
Accident ~ My fault. I was sewing her teddy bears ribbon again and I should have been paying attention. I have not given her anything to drink in a while. I would like her to go down for her nap at Noon. It's about an hour and a half earlier than her normal nap time, but I need to eat something. Yes, I understand how selfish that sounds.

12:15pm
KICKING AND SCREAMING was placed in her crib. Brian went up, told her a story, tickled her back and got her to sleep. We'll see if she wakes up dry!!

No comments:

Blog Visitors