Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"G'morning!"

Before I start in on breakfast - I must first say that this post
WOULD BE
about the fact that Lily took her first wobbly steps on Saturday,
BUT
she refuses to perform in front of the video camera, rather waiting until the moment after I give up to walk a few steps.
So I am waiting to dive into that when I have some video proof!
However... it is amazing news and deserves to be touted...
LILY WALKED!
I am so proud of my Lula!!


It has been glorious in the mornings the last few days! While still in the 100's by the afternoon, it has been a small slice of heaven in the morning. So we (the girls and I) have been taking full advantage of some much needed fresh air and a beautiful breeze (thanks to two patio ceiling fans on full boar). Breakfast is served by around 7:40am so we get to mask the horrible sounds of the school's cooling towers that invade or nightmares and put up with the ever annoying warning bell, school bell and PA system by listening to the kids line up behind the school excited and waiting for the day to begin. Grace in turn gets excited to hear the kids back there and asks daily when she can go to school. Heart wrenching to think she could go as early as next Fall... I'm not ready!

Our little back yard (little, compared to where Brian and I grew up) is just about complete. We have a few tweaks left to make. A few additions to the existing landscape, such as a few more plants and some lighting. We still need to complete the bar/grill with a fridge and some stools and the patio furniture is a temporary fix although a nice one. And I suppose the last thing would be our misting system. But all in all we've turned a big old patch of dirt and concrete into a place I want to spend time. It is unfortunate that the noise of construction has been replaced with the loud cooling towers for the school andthe stench of the dumpsters but the air will be cool soon; and when I most want to be out here in the yard my hope is that the a/c units will be off and the sun is no longer baking the dumpsters and I will enjoy this space for the brief slot of time I am allowed.


At the moment someone is mowing their lawn and the breeze is bringing the smell of fresh cut grass to the yard - and it is wonderful. The girls are sitting on the play mat surrounded by their toys yet still playing with the landscape rocks (what can you do?) And the breeze and slight humidity from the weekend rain is making me homesick for Western Massachusetts. This is what summer mornings feel and smell like back home.


Thank you Brian for our beautiful patio and yard. You done good! xoxo




No comments:

Blog Visitors