Good night and good night,
Good night if you please,
All I need is some water,
A kiss and a squeeze.
All I need is a story,
Some milk and some pie,
And to talk while we rock,
And a long lullaby.
Did I mention some hugs?
Just a hundred or so,
And a back scratch, a head scratch,
And tickle my toe.
So good night and good night...
May I have some cake?
How can you be tired
When I'm wide awake?
~Paul Kortepeter
This bedtime poem is practically our night time routine to the letter... So I thought I would share. It is in oone of Grace's bed time books and I love reading it. She, not such a fan of it, but I adore it!
I have been, cooking and cleaning out closets and pre-packing (6 weeks early) and donating old clothes and so busy that I have not sat down to the computer and updated anyone on the girls save a few photos I emailed yesterday... Here goes ...
Grace is becoming a better big sister everyday. She is sharing more and proud of the fact that Lula follows her like a shadow and mimics everything she does; from the sounds she makes to the way she moves, dances and plays. I know that it will not be long before Grace no longer finds this amusing and I will find myself saying "Lily, stop copying your sister!" but at the moment it is darling.
At the moment, I am trying to figure out how to get Grace started in gymnastics. The class is, at this age, parent participation required. This would normally be something I would relish - Special Mommy and Grace time. But asking Lula to sit in her stroller for 30-40 minutes is... Well not ideal, practical or kind to say the least. Once I figure out the logistics of what to do with/about Lu, Grace and my participation, I will get things rolling... For now we will practice our somersaults and back bends on the living room floor together.
Lula, as you saw a few days ago is swimming... swimming before walking! I am so pleased... Friday cannot get here soon enough so that I can see what she will do this week! Lu has also started to let go of the furniture and her toys and is quite ready to take more than A step away. She has taken these little baby steps - one here, one there, but not quite two in a row. She has mastered the art of belly flopping into my arms from about her body's length away from me. I know she can do it... now if she would just have the same confidence in herself - It's funny that she has not just stood up and done it by now; this child is fearless. She has no compunction what-so-ever about swatting the horses in the face or using one of the big ole Golden Retrievers to pull herself up on while biting their faces. She is not afraid to climb the stairs or up to the top of the couch. She is not afraid of people, animals, noise. She's pretty willing to try just about anything, so with bated breath I am waiting and hope it happens when Brian is home. The poor guy has had to miss so many firsts, I'd like for him to be able to say he was here to see both of his girls take their first steps.
These have also been the last days with Monica and Rylan. Friday morning they get on a plane and fly back to whence they came. I wish St. Louis were not so far away and I keep telling myself that they will come visit. I know that both Grace and I have made friends for life, but Good-byes are always so hard. I picked up the picture frame that G & Ry painted on Rylan's birthday at 'Color Me Mine' I have a few good photos of the two of them , but am sad that Monica and I don't have any photos of the two of us. I might have to have Robbie take one before they leave.
In preparation for Rylan's departure - and I know that you cannot replace a human companion with a feline, but ... I have been looking for a cat for Grace. I know, I know... I said NEVER AGAIN. Never would we ever, ever, ever get another cat. I've been trying to kill Sami off for God knows how long, and she just won't die... But Dottie and Chuck just adopted Gabe. He's a 4 year old giant of a cat. Kind, sweet, mellow and the girls adore him! He let's them pet him, hug him, play with him... So IF I can find a cat like that, a cat like Mcguire was... then Grace may have a pet of her very own... We shall see. Tomorrow Monica and I will take the girls on one last adventure. I need a dress for the wedding we are going to back in Massachusetts so The carousel, and mall are calling the Miller and Hurley girls names. We'll make a day of it, shopping, carousel, snack, lunch, running around the mall... Then maybe one last story time together on Thursday before we say good bye... It's a sad week for the Hurley Girls...
This is definitely the week Lula should pick to start walking!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment