It's time to learn the alphabet beyond how to sing it. I am afraid that my limited artistic ability could become a problem, but am not yet ready to break down and buy/print premade alphabet templates. If Grace and I make them together it, I hope, helps her learn and remember the letters.
There was definitely a learning curve for me in this letter today. I am going to have to work on a letter a day and have everything ready before Grace and I sit down together. Drawing the 'A' then having Grace glue it to the construction paper... Then drawing and cutting out the
Apple, Ant, Acorn and Airplane...
Poor kid does not have the attention span to sit and wait for Mommy, nor should she. So from now on the letter and whatever pictures are going to be attached will be ready and waiting for Grace.
She was so cute - all excited to glue the pictures to the 'A' and telling/teaching Lily what everything was. I am going to have to think of a few more ways to incorporate the letters into our days. At the very least, this was a fun little craft project. Thanks Joyce Maxner for sending Sean home with the letters with all the little creatures and pictures glued to them! What a great teacher you were!

1 comment:
Fun! You can use letter stamps with paint for Grace to paint on the paper-might be something different. Also use Alpha-Bits-tasty too.
Post a Comment