Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stiff upper lip...

Okay, nobody, including myself, wants to hear me whine or cry or bellyache about Monica and Rylan's departure anymore. Si I will just say this... Thursday was difficult. Last Story time at the Library; Last McDonald's playland adventure; Last late night visit; Last as neighbors that is. Mon and Rylan will be here to celebrate Lula's 1st Birthday in November. They are after all our family and would be expected to be here.. I know the winter in St Louis will be long, so I expect a few random trips back here to escape the freezing cold... Hey, after-all, Muffy is still back in Massachusetts, Julie is still back in California and now Monica is in St Louis. It will be fine.

So I cried it out Thursday night after Mon and Ry left. I wandered through yesterday withthem on a plane, with a headache, stomachache and a broken heart and today... I am moving forward. But before I do I wanted to share Monica's letter to me. It says all the things I feel about her and shows what a true sister she was and will be forever.

My Dearest Monica,

Thank you for being you, for living the same crazy I live every day, for laughing, crying and celebrating every aspect of my life with me. Thank you for being "Momma-ca" to Grace & Lily. Thank you for giving the Hurley girls a middle sister in Ry. Their sister dynamic will never be the same. Thank for for not only being able to sympathise with me about the hard stuff but empathise because you have been through it/are going through it too. And thank you for being the sister I never had.
I love you!


Monica's goodbye letter. http://stlmiller.blogspot.com/2009/08/good-bye.html

1 comment:

monica said...

I miss you so much.This has been the longest time not talking to eachother. My life just got crazier and lonelier! I'm so sad today. I cried ( well balled) reading your blog. I'm busy looking for a home and trying to make Ry comfortable. I miss and love you so much. XOXOXO

Blog Visitors