This morning on our way to Swim lessons I realized that our entire drive to Mary's house was a series of right - left - right - left turns. Not one to pass up an opportunity to work on something new (and frankly tired of fighting with Grace about what we would be listening to on the radio) I started talking about the direction we would be turning. Then relating it to Grace's window is on the left - Lily's window is on the right. We then talked about which was her right hand and which was her left. She really did catch on quickly. Half way through our drive she could correctly tell me what direction we were turning and correctly identify her right and left hands. Asked hours later which was her right and left she flubbed it up, but recovered after talking it out a bit with Brian. I don't know why I am always so blown away by her sponge of a mind, but she is such a quick study... I think I better step it up in the teaching department.
Lily... Ah Lula, she is incredible! Walking every chance she can. She starts off walking in what ever direction she is headed. Takes a few steps and then gets down and crawls - She is able to get from point A to point B faster by crawling. NO... I still have not been able to catch her on video. I know what you are thinking... If she is really walking as much and as well as I am saying... why is there no video? Well - The batteries are dead and I am a schmuck. I need to drag my lazy butt upstairs, get the charger and charge the batteries... Or if I am determined to be lazy could get regular batteries... I will try to do better tomorrow! -- Her new favorite thing is to get in what is actually "Downward Facing Dog" if she were in a yoga class, the beginning of a somersault if she were in gymnastics class and simply hysterical to both Lu and Grace. She stares out at the world upside-down and through her legs and she and 'G' just crack up. So cute... again, I'll get on the whole video thing.
Today was Kelli's birthday (28th - so young!! - hehe Kelli!) and we threw her a little party to celebrate. Dubbed "Fajitas & 'Ritas" we had a great time. Grace helped change Charlotte's diapers, wipe her drool, feed her and protect her from "Lily Monster" - who is so excited to have someone younger, smaller and weaker around. That's my girl!! It was a little uncomfortable meeting the new neighbors who are moving into what will always be "Kelli & Brian's house" to me moments before Kelli & Brian arrived. All in all it was a great evening, great food, great friends and I am ready for sleep (which won't happen since Lula who doesn't sleep to begin with is teething)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI!
G'night
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Can't wait to see Lily walking. I'm waiting....
Post a Comment