Another first...
This week has flown by. It was not as emotional as it could have been - All in all I think a great growing and learning experience for all of the Hurley Girls. Grace seems to enjoy her time away even if she says she doesn't want to go and would rather stay home with me each morning- And I know from her teacher, assistant and Jr Counselor that they enjoy Grace so this was a good experience all around!
This morning Rachael saved my sanity by offering to take Grace to VBS so that Lily and I could sprint across town to Stroller Strides. Something that I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for. {Rachael, I owe you BIG!} So Grace had her very first adventure in someone else's car today.
At breakfast she kept asking if Taylor was here yet. When Rachael called to say they were in the driveway Grace all but ran through the front door to get to them she was so excited! But when it came time to get into the car seat - there were tears. As far as I know they were the only tears because not 5 minutes later Grace & Taylor called to tell me that Grace was okay and that they were laughing so loud that they had to call and tell me about it! So - It sounds like a fun car ride for the girls and a glimpse of loud, giggly, sleepless sleepovers to come for Rachael {and me!}
Grace was excited to tell me how much fun she had today when I picked her up - although she couldn't tell me a thing they did except for play Duck-Duck-Goose {a personal favorite of mine by the way!}She was as always proud of her art work and excited to ask permission to eat her tootsie-roll. Brian noticed a marked difference in her since this experience when he returned home from the road today - And I am still so pleased! Bring on Preschool!
Here are a few of today's photos - with some of Lily tagged onto the end - She's kind of gotten the short end of the stick this week!

7 comments:
Sounds like an exciting week for Grace! Love duck duck goose! She can teach Vincent.
With a little work, I was able to dredge up memories of playing Duck Duck Goose on the Hill Institute Lawn. Mostly I'm getting images of playing with a Parachute or Red Light Green Light and I can't quite erase the building upgrade that happened after we left.
It melted my heart to hear the girls so happy and giddy. I forgot to tell you that once Grace spotted Jayme, she ran straight for her.
Our little Grace is growing up :-( Just can't believe it. Looks like Grace and Taylor are really enjoying each other. SOOOO Awesome!
Bill...
It was beacuse of that Hill Institute Lawn I went to Springfield College for P.E. -- Parachute Games, Duck-Duck-Goose, Freeze tag. I LOVED our time at Hill Institute. Ms. Pasquale Rocked! {Mrs Cupka too!}
I know! It always seemed to me that our class got screwed - I remember Rory and Sean in that "New addition" and thought - NO FAIR! I also remember Kevin Upham eating play-dough while sitting at the tables in the window watching the construction!
You know, I don't remember what you said to me in high School, but for years I was under the assumption that you had gone to Quinnipiac for Neuroscience. Maybe I was flat out confusing you with someone else.
OH MY GOD! I DID GOT TO QUINNIPIAC FOR NEURO-BIOLOGY! I cannot believe you remember that!! I went there my frosh year and then got a clue that I was meant to be a phys Ed teacher not a Neuro-biologist! Way too much science! :)
Post a Comment