Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Still going through...

I am still sorting through the videos and photos from our 12 day Florida vacation. We had a great time, sun, sand, the Yacht Club... It was wonderful. The hardest part was that Brian actually joined us for part of the vacation. The hard part was not that he was there, but when he left. The girls, thrilled that he was actually taking a trip with us were devastated when he left. We still managed to enjoy our time, but it wasn't the same.
We did spend every day in the pool. Grace has become quite the mermaid. She could swim across Grammy & Grampy's pool unassisted and loved showing off! I have to admit that when I finally do post the pictures you will see something so against what I believe in, but it was in reality fun! The girls each had a Puddle Jumper. {Life vest/water wing hybrid} If you know me, you know I am inherently against swim aids. They make kids and parents lazy and are a recipe for disaster!! BUT the girls had such a good time splashing around in the pool with them. It allowed them a freedom to play and splash and not have to worry about staying close to the side of the pool or the stairs. {It also allowed us adults to relax around the pool while the kids played - I know... I'm ashamed!} But don't misunderstand. I still put them through swim lessons every day. Grace can now float on her back unassisted for as long as she pleases! I was thrilled when we turned that corner!!

Grammy & Grampy's pool; boat; yacht club - The beach; The Clearwater Aquarium - Sunset, surfside dinners; sunshine; clear skies… It was a wonderful vacation. We are happy to be home but looking forward to another Florida adventure before the summer is up!
















Thank you Grammy & Grampy Hurley!!
XOXO

2 comments:

Grace said...

Cute, cute, CUTE pictures! I want to go to the beach! Another FL trip...why don't you just move to FL???

Rachael Schepemaker said...

awesome AWESOME photos! Welcome home!

Blog Visitors