This phrase has had me in stitches for over a week now – ever since Grace discovered Skype it’s her new favorite question. Lately when someone wants to say “hello” to her on the phone the first thing she'll ask is – “D'you wanna' Skype with me?” The simple fact that my 3 year old - hell any three year old for that matter, is asking to "skype" is hysterical and scary and a clear sign of the times.
It all started last weekend. My grandmother’s 80th birthday party was being thrown at her niece, Susan’s home and Susan asked if the girls and I would please set up our computer for a video chat with my Grandmother. This was the beginning of the end – I’ve avoided Skype for over a year now for the simple fact that I don’t want to be seen. But this 80th birthday party experience… Well it was something else and my girls are now hooked. Well worth the price of being caught in my pj’s past noon or with my hair a mess from the pool with the kids.
As soon as Grace realized that the people on the other side of the screen were a “captive” audience – it was game on! Instead of trying to pay attention to and follow a phone conversation she can simply surround herself with her stuff and show it off – show off – dress up – sing – dance – color – chat – She is loving life with someone other than Mom and Dad and Lily to Ham it up for! And Lily, well Lily is not sure what is more amazing to watch, Grace playing, dancing, reading and singing or the fact that her Grandparents stuck in the computer. She quite often gets in the act – Always one to follow Grace’s lead Lily is game for just about anything Grace can dream up for them to do.
I find myself wondering if anyone really wants to sit in front of their computer and watch Grace and Lily silently color or put a puzzle together and then I remember – I get to see this stuff everyday – The rest of our family lives all the way across the country – They are lucky to see the girls two or three times a year – They clearly are loving this new form of communication just as much as Grace is!
Thanks Skype, for bringing family just a little bit closer!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago

1 comment:
My parents have been harassing me to get it installed on my computer. So far I've resisted.This might make me change my mind... maybe.
Post a Comment