Happy Mother's Day!
Last year Grace turned 1 on Mother's Day. What could be better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to celebrate you're first child's first birthday? This year we spent Mother's Day preparing for Grace's 2nd birthday. So Grace and I, mostly Grace, baked cup cakes. She excitedly poured the mix, water and eggs (one at a time) into the mixer and flipped the switch. Then she added the pink sprinkles she wanted "in" not on her cup cakes and mixed some more. After the first batch went into the oven, she decided that the second batch should also have rainbow colored sprinkles, which she was happy to add to the mix singing "Shake! Shake! Shake!" as she shook the sprinkles into the mixing bowl. Then into the oven and off I went to tint her frosting. She picked purple and green as the colors she wanted. Green I got no problem. Step one: Take white frosting and add a few drops of green food coloring. Step two: there is no step two. Green is that easy. Purple, now that's a horse of a different color. I am aware, as I have been since kindergarten, that blue and red make purple. However, it was not that simple this time around. Fearful of adding too much color and ending up with black; After a number of rounds of adding one color then more of the other, I settled on an Eeyore looking purple. Grace was pleased and in the end, that is all that matters!
Much like her mother, Grace finds more joy in eating the batter and frosting than she does in the finished product. At one point in the process she thought the whole, sticking your finger in the mixing bowl was inefficient, so, problem solver that she is, she stuck her whole hand in! It was so much fun to make a big mess with her in the kitchen.
So, here are the photos of Grace baking her very own birthday cup cakes! I cannot believe she's 2 already!!!
クレンズスプラッシュの効果は嘘?衝撃の真相はこちら!
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment