Friday, May 29, 2009

Softball Practice

So tonite was the first practice of the softball season. While the games take place at the church, not too too far from home, practice is at the Vistancia Elementary school. The girls and I tagged along with the hope of watching a bit, but knowing full well the playground would be a major source of distraction. I'd hoped that the Rose clan would all show up for practice and more or less they did. Jason arrived with the three girls in tow, Wendy was working. Addy, Kaelyn, Maya, Grace, Lily and I spent the evening on the playground and we had a great, great time! We did not get to see a lot of the Daddies practicing but I think we had the better time!!

The only thing about this evening that was a bummer was the bathrooms. About a half hour after we got there Addy came running to me freaked out. She said that she needed to use the restroom but there were "spiders, spider webs and a lot of bugs in there". She couldn't go in to the stall because she was terrified. She needed help!! So I did the only thing I could, I gathered up Addy, Kaelyn, Maya, Grace & Lily, marched into the bathroom and asked Addy where all the webs were so I could get rid of them. Cleaning one stall was not good enough, she needed them all gone to be able to safely use the bathroom, and she really needed to go! Now... How do you fix it for a five year old, one that you are trying to convince there is nothing to be afraid of when you are totally wigged out by spiders yourself? I'd heard it before but never believed it until today, being a mom trumps everything. You find courage you never knew you had when you need to be brave for a child. So I swept up all the cobwebs, flushed a number of creepy crawlies and helped Addy safely uses the restroom. It's only now as I sit here typing that I want to jump up and down and freak out!

It was a very nice Friday evening. I look forward to many more this summer!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for being pseudo-Rose Mommy this evening. Bathroom adventures are always so much fun with little ones...with 2 extra plus a bathroom full of bugs, I might have lost my mind!!!!

Thanks for rescuing the Rose Girls tonight. They had alot of fun...and I'm still working...

Blog Visitors