Friday, May 29, 2009

Busy busy...

Today has been a busy day. I've tried to, in my few spare minutes, tend to my other blog which has been sadly neglected. Erma Bombeck would be so disappointed. But I think I have a rough draft. A few changes here and there and I might be ready to post.

Bruce, our Giant Teddy Bear had been desperate for a bath for some time. He has been getting crustier and crustier by the week and was long over due for a good cleaning. So Grace and I dragged him upstairs before her nap and shoved him in the washing machine and hoped for the best. I have to say, I am quite pleased. He is no longer crusty. He smells April Fresh and dried outside nicely. I was so afraid that if her got ruined I would never be forgiven. He is a cherished member of the family and a crucial part of our bedtime routine. I am happy to report that Maytag took excellent care of our Brucie and he is back better than ever!

Then I finally had my hair cut. A month later than planned but my shaggy short mop is now a perfectly coiffed shaggy mop! Brian was working and a neighbor generously offered to have Grace come over for playtime so Lily went to the salon with me. Always my angel, I was still a bit nervous how she'd act. She was perfect! Barely a peep except for her baby chatter. She was also the main attraction at the salon beckoning all who entered to come over and say hello!

At the moment Brian is feeding the kids and then we are off to watch his first softball practice. After a year of prodding a client finally convinced him to join the local church league. Yes, the very same church that we have been avoiding... A bunch of our neighbors are on this team, unfortunately not Kelli and Brian they have joined a different league this year. Grace is looking forward to watching daddy be a "baseball player" and spening time on the playground!

All in all a full day. Tomorrow we are taking the girls to a movie. A real movie in a real movie theater. I think Grace will LOVE it, I only hope Lily does too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I have to work this evening :( But we'll be at the games on Mondays! Don't worry...we don't bite. It's just softball.

Blog Visitors