Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Should be....Should be.... Should be...

Well there are a million things I "should be" doing right now, but I am taking a moment to reflect. I am trying to keep up with two blogs, two girls, a house, cat and car. There are a million things I wish were done already before our weekend company arrives and to boot, I have been dealing with snotty noses and coughs since early Monday morning.

Grace woke in the wee hours sniffing and coughing Monday morning. A call to the doctors office and a frustrated and I am sure overworked, overwhelmed (swine flu) and under paid nurse advised me it was allergies, everyone has them at the moment and to give her Zyrtec. That if it were allergies {"and it is"} the symptoms will subside with Zyrtec. I'll be honest for a few hours, it worked... but it's not allergies. Now Lily has it too and it's worse with her. She cannot breath, so she won't sleep and while she will let me use the aspirator to try to clear her nose, (crusted shut! Gross I know) she won't let me use the saline mist to help clear it better. She is whimpering and panicking and my heart aches that there is nothing I can do. And Grace, well Grace is just walking snot with an attitude. Uugh... Just as well Brian's on the road, apparently he is sick too. The humidifiers are running full on, all day, with Vic's Vapor Pads in them, but they don't seem to make to big a difference.

At I sit here Grace is playing quietly with her kitchen and the new 'Melissa and Doug' food Uncle Mike brought for her birthday. For the moment, Lily is asleep in the bounce chair, propped up seems to help. There is, as usual, a pile of laundry, both clean and dirty, a loft full of toys and a guest room that needs to be emptied of all our crap from the Florida trip. YES, from two weeks ago!! The guest sheets need to be changed before Julie, Brian and the kids arrive. The loft futon needs to be ready for Josh, the pack-n-play emptied for Lily to sleep in... Yet here I sit at my computer.

I just needed a moment to do something for me. No swim lessons this week because of snotty noses. No walks this week because I've had no sleep and I don't have the energy. No Monica this week because I don't want to get Rylan sick... But I have started my own personal blog this week (we'll see how that goes).

To end on a positive note, it was only in the low 90's today. The girls and I got some fresh air this morning while watering the yard and pulling a few weeds. We kept the doors and windows open for most of the morning. We built a few great block towers and knocked them all down. And in just a few minutes Grace and I are going to go upstairs and sit in the castle and read stories to each other.

Tomorrow is another day, with plenty of opportunities to avoid cleaning again!

No comments:

Blog Visitors