Sunday, May 24, 2009

On hands and knees

Lily is rapidly mastering the art of crawling. Once she realized that getting her belly up off the floor and rocking back and forth created enough propulsion to get her to toys half way across the room there was no stopping her! She has been working on this new skill all weekend. Her travels have allowed for a few face plants, red, raw, carpet scuffed knees and a new found way to annoy her big sister. Grace is now seeing for the first time that having a little sister means that someone is going to be touching "her" things. This has been going over like a lead balloon. I've tried to let Grace know that this is a communist state; What one has, all have, but she's a bit young for this concept.

The long weekend has been spent with most of us sick. My girlfriend and her family did not come to visit. Between the horrible cold that we've had and the girls sour stomachs this weekend, it was for the best. I had however, been looking forward to seeing Julie for the last 2 months and am sorely disappointed. Once again though, Grace to the rescue. She never ceases to amaze me. As we were playing in to pool today and working on our colors with the diving rings Grace began to count. This is nothing too spectacular. Grace has been able to count for sometime, can count to 20 and has been counting out everything in her life (i.e. little people, blueberries, crayons, etc...) Today however she blew my mind! She counted the 5 dive rings in Spanish! WHAT!? Yes, she counted in Spanish! Now the words were not exact, Uno was "un-na" Dos was "dof", Tres was right, Cuatro was "corto", Cinco was right and so was Seis, even though there were only 5 rings she still counted to 6! Yeah, like I said... 'mind blowing' !! I'd broached the subject of Spanish, I've said the Spanish name of things before and Grace does love Dora, but WOW!! So there she was, in the pool, out of nowhere, counting to 6 in Spanish. I am so proud!! Guess I should be ordering the Muzzy series so she can really start learning another language...

No comments:

Blog Visitors