Tuesday, September 23, 2008

THIRTY TWO...

My oldest and dearest girlfriends turn 32 on Thursday and Friday this week... which means that my 32nd birthday is only a week away... 32? Is that possible??

I would swear on my life that it was just last year that I was turning 21 and Brian was talking about moving to Houston...

It was only a few months ago that I was almost 22 and in the middle of Flight Attendant training in Houston, praying that they don't ship me off to Newark (They did!)...

It was a few weeks ago that I was turning 25 and living in Southern California, hanging at the beach, bar hopping with my girlfriends and wondering if after 6 years was Brian ever going to marry me??...

It could not have been more than a week ago that I turned 28 and was counting down the last month until my wedding...

It was yesterday that I was planning a big 30th birthday bash in Vegas and then finding out that I was pregnant with Grace, so a party in Vegas would be... well boring...

It was just a moment ago, yet somehow more than a decade has passed and while I have done, and seen a lot. Traveled and experienced and loved every minute of it...Lived in 5 different states... it was over before I could take it all in...

Now I am about to turn 32 and I am a month away from having my second child... and terrified that tomorrow I am going to wake up and my children will be graduating college, getting married and having babies of their own...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The time does fly -- in 4 years I'll be turning 40...4 years ago, Addy was only a year old and we didn't know a thing about type 1 diabetes. Life is short and none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Live every day to it's fullest, leave no regrets behind, and store your treasures in Heaven!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Happy Early Birthday! I better not forget it next week or I'm in big trouble :-)

Blog Visitors